BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default What is the normal points range of the games you play ?

As a new Warmachine/hordes player I am intrested in how many points people nomrally play. I have done some 15 and 25 point games but am not sure if thats the norm.

I wanted to start a Khador force, but Was unsure about what points level to shoot for.

Thanks !

~m

Battle-Brother

we play 35 almost exclusively in our meta. we have nights where we drop to 15 for fun, but we hardly ever play 50 in the interest of getting more games in.

Scout

Current standard format seems to be 35 points, to my opinion. I droped to 15 when i play an initiation game, but normal games are 35.

I tend to play 25 due to time and space constraints, but yeah - 35 seems to be a good minimum to aim for. Though one of the many things I like about Hordesmachine is buying way more points than I need and mixing up my army between each game.

Scout

My local group is just starting up, so we don't have lots of players with deep collections. Our average game is around 25 points. This allows for quick games. At 25 points, there is usually enough points to run a warnoun, a unit, and some solos/support pieces.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Corax.69 View Post
    My local group is just starting up, so we don't have lots of players with deep collections. Our average game is around 25 points. This allows for quick games. At 25 points, there is usually enough points to run a warnoun, a unit, and some solos/support pieces.
    A Warnoun? Nice turn of prase. I'm gonna have to borrow that.

Chapter-Master

In my area we seem to play 35 and 50 points games. Some players jokingly say "let's play Unbound," but I've never actually walked in on a game that size - or any size larger than 50 - in progress. Instead of playing any of the multiple-warnoun points sizes, we usually seem to prefer team games.

Thanks guys I will shoot for a 35 point list. Any Advice on a good caster for a Man O war list ?

Chapter-Master

I don't know which games you have experience with, but one thing that's true about WarmaHordes is that most models are very flexible. You don't necessarily want to build to a list, because as you come to learn the game better, you're going to discover lots of other stuff you might like.

For example, my Legion of Everblight force started with a beast-focused Absylonia list, but I'm now mixing it up to create a magic-heavy Bethayne list (though I'll probably still run a lot of beasts - I do love beasts). With Cygnar, I started the Nemos and everything electric all the time, though now expanding into a 'jack-heavy Kraye list. The thing is, a lot of models are flexible and can be used in a variety of lists.

So, by all means buy what you like and what interests you, but don't expect it to be the last you buy, and if you have to make a choice at this stage, go for more flexible models over less flexible models.

I like Vlad, Behemoth and man o wars. Just wanted to make sure I was not making a bad mistake =D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast