BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

While I don't have anything against 35pt games, I find that Trollbloods (my only faction) really need to get up to 50pts before we start to get competitive.

When I started playing I went up and up. 15-25-50-75
    But then decided I just wasnt keen on the larger games. Anything from 35-50 I find the most fun
    My Blog - Tales of a Tabletop Skirmisher- http://pressganger.blogspot.com
    Inc Pulp City, Legends of the High Seas, Infinity+ Lots of model ranges

Locally, 25-35 is most common, with 15 and 50 point games occasionally being played.

I played mostly 35 point games locally until recently, and since I've decided to try and compete at a couple large conventions this year I've stepped up to playing almost exclusively 50 points since that is the norm at tournaments.

It seems like a lot at first, but once you get the hang of 50 point games (especially practicing with timed turns) it is a lot of fun, and feels more balanced. The only issue is now I have trouble building 35 point lists, because I got used to all the models I could bring at 50!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Hendybadger View Post
    When I started playing I went up and up. 15-25-50-75
    But then decided I just wasnt keen on the larger games. Anything from 35-50 I find the most fun
    Was there anything that bothered you specifically about 50+ games?

I also went from a Battlebox sized game (~15 points) and progressed up to 35 points. However, I am being introduced to timed turns and Steamroller Scenarios, so I dropped it down to 25 points because I am still fairly new at the game (about 4 months)

Brother-Sergeant

Do y'all think that people tend to groan whenever they see people playing out of the battlebox with only 15 points? I suppose if anything most people are happy that there are other players ready to join in the fun.

I'd prefer to play 35 or above, but if the other player only has x amount of models then so be it, although at that point level i think the games should be mangled metal/tooth n claw.

We were 35 points locally for the better part of 2011, but things have shifted to a preference of 50 points as defaultin 2012, but a lot of games are still being run at 15-35 due to newer/faction changing players.

35 is the norm but I've seen some people play 100 point games... The latter of which looked more like a 40k game than a Warmahordes game when I walked by

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast