BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now you need to light up the Avatar.

Librarian

great job.

i was gonna do this too nearly exactly as you have done it. then i took an arrow in the knee (blood angels and storm raven hehe). i was gonna use a TRS mini jack to run the cables through the turret to allow it to turn and then run some fibre optics from a bundle in the turret, mounted to a super bright LED into the cannon for the 2 crystals, hoping that the fibre optic would not show throgh the main big crystal while it went to the smaller one.

doing that would have allowed me to light the gunners computer screens too by making a cast of them in PVA glue or clear resin.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Beerzerker View Post
    Now you need to light up the Avatar.
    Hairspray, match: not nearly as technically challenging as the Fire Prism.

Scout

Who needs to learn how to paint OSL when you can just add real light? Looks awesome man.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    great job.

i was gonna do this too nearly exactly as you have done it. then i took an arrow in the knee (blood angels and storm raven hehe). i was gonna use a TRS mini jack to run the cables through the turret to allow it to turn and then run some fibre optics from a bundle in the turret, mounted to a super bright LED into the cannon for the 2 crystals, hoping that the fibre optic would not show throgh the main big crystal while it went to the smaller one.

doing that would have allowed me to light the gunners computer screens too by making a cast of them in PVA glue or clear resin.
    I really like that TRS idea, I'm going to have to play around with that, see how the dimensions work out.

Glowing cockpit panels are definitely a part of my ideal light-up tank. Replacing the consoles with clear parts is what gives me the greatest pause. That's customization work that requires more fine artistry than I am comfortable with.

I think the fiber optic through the big crystal would be fine visually, You could hide it by running it along the bottom of the big crystalor one of the cages, depending on flexibility.

Or disguise it with a fan of other fibers to create an effect like this inside the crystal:

I liked the paint with a second LED inside the distal crystal because it required little to no drilling or cutting of the cannon itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12