BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Xenos Novels

I'm about half way through Path of The Renegade, and have to say i'm enjoying it. I find books written from an alien perspective much more interesting over the imperial stuff.

What else is out there worth reading? Enjoyed Fear the Alien too.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Levitas View Post
    I'm about half way through Path of The Renegade, and have to say i'm enjoying it. I find books written from an alien perspective much more interesting over the imperial stuff.

What else is out there worth reading? Enjoyed Fear the Alien too.
    Only ones that count are Craftworld Eldar novels Path of the Warrior and Path of the Seer by Gav Thorpe.

I just bought a copy of Path of the Warrior last week, still haven't had a chance to read it as yet though. I haven't heard of the one called 'Fear the Alien' though. Who's the perspective from?

Quote Originally Posted by obscure View Post
    I just bought a copy of Path of the Warrior last week, still haven't had a chance to read it as yet though. I haven't heard of the one called 'Fear the Alien' though. Who's the perspective from?
    Fear the Alien is a collection of novellas. There's stories from the perspective of an ork, dark eldar, and 4 others I believe. I dont think there's any notable authors in it but it might be worth a read.

The old novel Farseer had a couple of chapters done from the perspective of the Eldar. Though It was nowhere near as good as Path of the Warrior.

Also I saw Path of the renegade in a book store last week, and it seems it's the first book in a new Dark Eldar series.

Brother-Sergeant

I cant wait to pick up Path of the Renegade. I am a closeted Dark Eldar fan. love the look of them just cant start a new army until I finish off the current projects, nothing against reading up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataklysm View Post
    I cant wait to pick up Path of the Renegade. I am a closeted Dark Eldar fan. love the look of them just cant start a new army until I finish off the current projects, nothing against reading up on them.
    It's a good book, really enjoyed it. While it focuses on the Dark Kin, it glimpses at the Eldar roots and how all kinds deal with the ever present pull of She Who Thirsts. The Dark ELdar are so evil, but have a wickedly dark sense of humor that carries the book.

Recommended!

Chapter-Master

Path of the Seer is far better book than Path of the Warrior. Need to read Renegade...

Xenos books are in short supply.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

The only book I've seen from Black Library worth reading as far as Orks are concerned, is Deff-Skwadron. Which is an old Garphic Novel dating back to the Warhammer Monthly days. Otherwise Blood and Thunder is reportedly pretty good as well (also a Graphic Novel), but I have yet to read it.

I think writing from a xenos perspective is somewhat more challenging than imperial. There are moments in Path of the Renegade where the bubble wavers and the characters do or say things that are 'too human'. But I find this alien perspective much more refreshing when they do get it right.

I thought Fear the Alien was a cool compilation. The Black Libray has the talent, but so often that is sucked up by the marine machine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast