BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Minor Chaos War Mammoth

Converted using a plastic toy elephant, a mountain of milliput, some balsa wood, a chariot base and a cheap necklace.

Unfortunately all the fur sculpted onto the big guy does not show up well due to the colour, but once it is painted then it should look better, for now here are the pictures of the WIP.

P.S. The Howdah has been specifically sized so 2 models on 25mm base can fit, or a single model on a cavalry base.

P.P.S In game, the War Mammoth is going counts as a chariot.

Brother-Captain

Heh nice idea and I look forward to seeing how this turns out once it's all painted up. I assume there will be a belly strap linking the hanging chains on either side, as otherwise they don't seem to serve any purpose, when they should be anchoring the howdah in place.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah it is WIP and the milliput is not strong enough yet for me to be confident enough in Green stuffing some straps...
    Would be quite funny with the Howdah bouncing around mid battle...

You know that is an amazing idea. I might have to nick that for my own warriors army.

Battle-Brother

I love the concept and the fur is looking really good. If you don't mind, who is the maker of the plastic elephant?

Veteran-Sergeant

[url]http://www.schleich-s.com/[/url]

They make many toy animals including dinosaurs etc and so I have used them multiple times on different projects.
    They produce 2 types of African Elephant as well as Asiatic Elephants.
    I brought 3 of them from my local toy shop and it came to £17 pounds, I do not know individual prices.

Veteran-Sergeant

Update!