BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Cerberus weapon platform legality

Hello there!

My first post, a dude from Montreal with a nice CSM army fully painted (pics will be comming soon)

I am developing a IG army atm and I foulded the Cerberus heavy weapon platform from puppetswar.
    [url]http://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=84[/url]

Do you think it would be legal to use that in tournament mounted on a chimera to make a Manticore or a Hydra?

Many Thanks

Frankytank

Occuli Imperator

That would all depend on the Tournament orgainiser, talk to them and see what they say.
    They certainly look my Hydra than Manticore.
    Certainly as there is not a current Hydra model (IIRC) then any Hydra must be a conversion so people can't complain about how you are making the conversion. As for fielding it as a manticore there is a manticore model and those guns to my mind don't look right so there might be some concern there.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 03-09-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    That would all depend on the Tournament orgainiser, talk to them and see what they say.
    They certainly look my Hydra than Manticore.
    Certainly as there is not a current Hydra model (IIRC) then any Hydra must be a conversion so people can't complain about how you are making the conversion. As for fielding it as a manticore there is a manticore model and those guns to my mind don't look right so there might be some concern there.
    It comes with a quad rocketlauncher as well.

Pim

Brother-Captain

I'd allow it if I were running a tournament. You're basing the conversion off a GW model, and a Chimera with one of those turrets on the back would pretty clearly be a Hydra (cannon) or Manticore (missile launchers).
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Tasty site though. ::sigh:: Does anyone know of any AMERICAN conversion/accessory sites? The conversion rate, plus shipping costs, make the Minister of Finance kneejerk every dam' time...

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    Tasty site though. ::sigh:: Does anyone know of any AMERICAN conversion/accessory sites? The conversion rate, plus shipping costs, make the Minister of Finance kneejerk every dam' time...
    Defiance Games and Chapter House are both US based. A lot of the variant model sites in the fantasy/scifi range are going to be in Europe though.

Damn...I thought this was about some magical new line of Mass Effect miniatures.

Battle-Brother

I do like this version better than the one from forgeworld, but I would change the gunner's head and incase him somehow in armor and make it possible to see him by opening an hatch or something.