BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CSM army, kornate look!

There some pics of the stuf I worked so hard on the last couple of years.
    I don't like putting too much time on a mini, I have more satisfaction of seeing the completed army and the big numbers of troops than having a perfect one.

There we go!

My latest tanks :

Chapter-Master

Really great stuff dude. I really like the OSL on the rhinos.

www.queencityguard.com

Chaplain

Looks great! What are those spider things in the second picture? They looks awesome! What do they count as?

Thanks for the comments!!!

Many more to come: I will try to paint 45 guardsman in one day, 90% with my airbrush.

The spiders are blood slaughterer of Khorne.

Not really good, but they look really good

[url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/KHORNE-BLOOD-SLAUGHTERER.html[/url]

Looking good! I'm actually surprised how big the Blood Slaughterer is, I didn't think they were that large, with some work you could turn them into a Defiler pretty easy.

Chaplain

Yeah, loving the lights on the rhinos.

Blood Slaughterers look sweet! Especially the maimed orks.

You gonna enter them into armies on parade? Your right they do look really impressive together. The grey bases work well to offset all that red.

Any chance of a close up of the squads and termies?

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post

You gonna enter them into armies on parade? Your right they do look really impressive together. The grey bases work well to offset all that red.

Thanks for the comments.

I realize that I don't have enough good quality pics of my stuff.

I'm from montreal, and GW don't come by here quite often... mabe when I'll have a trip to USA.

Up until thoses pic I still had a lot of trouble applying matte varnish without having that powdery look... Think I got better with it, my last rhino and vindicator ain't looking that way

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post

Seconding those airbrushed Rhino lights. I've got some future Thousand Sons tanks waiting to be painted, but first I gotta save up for an airbrush. Got any tips on what kind of airbrush to buy?

Excellent job on both the Blood Slaughterer and Blood Impaler!

Quote Originally Posted by Franek_Dolas View Post
    Seconding those airbrushed Rhino lights. I've got some future Thousand Sons tanks waiting to be painted, but first I gotta save up for an airbrush. Got any tips on what kind of airbrush to buy?
    Too small aint not so good to start up since paints are quite thick and they clog a lot in the airbrush.

I had a .3 but now using a .5mm... I'Ll buy a smaller one maby later. Compressor I have a really cheep one, iwata silver jet, but it does the job and I can learn with it. Later on I'll buy a better one. My airbrush is a Iwata revolution .5, like it a lot.

Paints I use Vallejo model air. You can get em at waylandgames.com or scfigenre.com. Model air are made for airbrush, you need only to dilute em a bit to use em. Vallejo have a full range of primers (8 or 9 colors) in 17, 60 or 200 ml bottles. Learning curve is quite quick

I saw a lot of videos from Awesomepaintjob.com (youtube channel) and there is a lot of resources and tutorials on the web.

A airbrush is a precious tool, saves times, able to make some nice effects (Power weapon, OSL lights...) A good investment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast