BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DE HQ dilemma

Brother-Sergeant

I decided to go with the Archon+8 wyches + haemonculus loadout. I played a game vs. Necrons. The Archon/wyches assaulted my opponents destroyer squad (I figured that I really needed to wipe out his destroyers first , as they had the potential to cause me some serious pain). However, on the first round of close combat he managed to pass LD check (at -4) and 3 of his wounded destroyers got back up. During the next turn, he charged a full unit of warriors into the combat. I still won combat, and the destroyers fell back... but the warriors passed their LD check, preventing me from sweeping the destroyers. Eventually, massed attacks shorted out my shadowfield, making the archon vulnerable to a death scythe hit later on.

So.. next time: I shoot the crap out of the destroyers, and charge either his lychguard or his praetorians instead.

Ended up a tie game, with all 3 objectives contested.

i like clone field and shardnets but i usually find you need more than 1 for decent coverage so taking bloodbrides.
    What is really hilarious is bloodbrides with 3 nets and urien rakarth who ignores 1-3 and regens another

Scout

I run an Archon with Agoniser, Shadowfield, and Phantasm Grenade Launcher with 5 Incubi, so your 4 in a Venom is pretty close. They've worked well for me so far, but aren't made to beat up on or really even tie up enemy elite assault units. They will cut through troops though. I guess it really depends on what you want the unit to do and be capable of. Incubi are good shock assault units against enemy troops, and Wyches are good at tying units up for a while and dragging them down.

Librarian

I would suggest that dealing with heavy infantry (like the destroyers, or even big nasties like monstrous creatures and Paladins) is much easier when you multicharge both tough and weak units like the Warriors, especially since your entire unit has invulnerable saves in close combat to ward off any power weapons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12