BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Imperial Guard Wave?

I remember hearing some tidbits and seeing some shots of what might be a new IG Veteran/Storm Trooper plastic kit a while back.....is that still a thing? Do we have info on that?

Chaplain

I've heard nothing on this. But I'd be thrilled if they come out with such a kit. In my opinion this would be a very much needed kit for the Guard.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Brother-Sergeant

I remember the rumours, also that the expected release slot came and went with nary a guardsman in sight. Shame, but converted regulars do the job for me. I think there was a rumoured artillery kit too but I think it was all just wishful thinking.

Brother-Sergeant

I thought I saw it on the astronomicon. I believe they even had a few pics up for a while. They were put up by mistake. Near the time the stormraven pics were leaked.
    Last edited by woodenronin; 03-09-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Battle-Brother

I think they where talking about releasing a Griffon/Hydra tank model too...

Well that sucks, I mean I'm happy with my FW vets with Shotguns, but I was hoping to make up another squad...oh well, guess I'll just have to order the hostile enivronment upgrade kit for them..

Brother-Sergeant

There were shots of a stormtrooper with shotgun green from a few years back. But the rumors of a plastic kit and another multi-function artillery tank kit keep orbiting every 6 months or so. Would love it to happen.

IIRC the rumor of new veterans and or stormtroopers began just a few months before planetstrike was released. There were some greens seen by people visiting a gamesday and or the GW studios and these were thought to be new inquisitorial stormtroopers for a new =I= centric codex.

When the rumor I codex didn't get released the rumor pushed them into the planetstrike release..and then the new IG codex.

Needless to say, we've not really seen anything official for a couple of years.

What happened to the "Summer of Flyers" or whatever. I was hoping for some thunderbolts in plastic. Guess not.

Brother-Sergeant

If this were true then GW has really impressed me with how tight lipped they have been about it. I personally havent heard anything about this release but would love to see something in the next year or so. Guardsmen always look so good as casualties on my bases.

But seriously if you have been following any of the release schedule rumors it doesnt look too likely. with the hobbit coming out at the end of the year, that will tie up at least two months of product release. fall/late summer will be taken up by either the new rules or if gw decides to drop them before the end of their fiscal year, then in spring or as "Blood Angel" said there has been some pretty prevelant rumors about the summer being take up by the late cron release, and then summer of flyers. if they do release anything Guard related my money is on 2013. but then again the world will end before then.. there is a joke in there somewhere..

Yours,
    -Kataklysm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast