BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm going to guess somewhere in the late November to middle January for the next hordes book. PP has been know to relese models close to Christmas but I don't think they would let a holiday take the steam out of a major release like that so Dec 20 til Jan 3 is probably off limits.

I would have to agree with the November/January time frame. I believe PP does Christmas bargains and that releasing them in December would be counter productive. Granted, we have only seen two of the models so far, and it doesn't look like they are anywhere close to showing us the rest of the WM ones. Does not bode well for a November release (if you follow the same release pattern)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MiketheLurker View Post
    I would have to agree with the November/January time frame. I believe PP does Christmas bargains and that releasing them in December would be counter productive. Granted, we have only seen two of the models so far, and it doesn't look like they are anywhere close to showing us the rest of the WM ones. Does not bode well for a November release (if you follow the same release pattern)
    Remember we saw the Ret. one as CAD pictures (and some sculpting?) in the teaser video so I would imagine it cant be too far behind the Cygnar & Khador which are the release 2 (makes sense with them being the 2 main factions storywise).

Question is which would be the next one in line after that thoughts?

In regards to the pricetag, I think that $135 is more reasonable considering that the battle engines are all around $90 and will be the equivalent of 1/2 the points of a Colossal in a game. Will Schick made it clear that you can play with these guys in a 25 point Mangled Metal, so I wouldn't be so sure about their effectiveness in lower-point games since they can receive focus, unlike the Battle Engines. He did also emphasize, though, that they will not be auto-wins and they will be well-balanced against everyone. Unlike in 40k where damage to vehicles can be highly fickle, damaging warjacks is fairly predictable and since we know that these guys will have larger damage grids, I expect their ARM values won't go much higher than standard warjacks, meaning that infantry could still have a chance to damage them.

http://steam-poweredgamer.blogspot.com

I hope we see a Hordes two player box soon!

Pricey as these beasts are, they've certainly got my blood pumping more than Battle Engines did (though I love my Vessel of Judgment). I had been working on my Malifaux crews for months when the video hit and immediately went back to finishing off my Menoth and Pirate painting backlog.

I am getting only one for each faction I play (primarily Menoth and Legion) I don't think my wallet could take much else. LOL

-MW-

New collossals are Legit! Spikey bits Hook Maye UUUp with yo freebiez!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123