BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

His bully boys formation is also rather inspiring, along with "da big waagh" asset which doubles the run to 12"

^ Apoc btw

If you are looking for wacky, it does'nt get much wackier than the Weirdboy! They can be surprisingly effective and are cheap as well.

Brother-Sergeant

The best HQ completely depends on what you're going for in the army.

Ghazghkull is basically the beatstick of beatsticks in the army list. He's slow, but you can mitigate that a bit by putting him with Kommandos either with Snikrot to Ambush or with a normal Kommando Mob to take advantage of Move Through Cover. Sticking him with another unit means that getting him places without a ride becomes a concern, though not an insurmountable one. If you're just shopping for a Strength 10 Power Klaw, there are cheaper ways to do it, but Ghazghkull's Waaaagh is a pretty nice thing to have on the table.

If you're running vehicles in any quantity or a full on infantry horde, you should probably at least consider the Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field for at least one if not both HQ slots. Bringing your cover with you increases the survivability of things immensely.

Mad Dok Grotsnik is an interesting choice and I use him here and there. Some folks dislike the fact that he comes with Rage and can be lead around to a degree. It's generally not the end of the world with Orks since, most of the time, you want to run something down and assault it anyway. You'll have to watch how you position him, but that's about it. What the Mad Dok really does is two things. First, he provides Cybork Bodies to any model you want to pay for it on. This can be quite handy for some of the more expensive units in the Elite and Fast Attack section that would otherwise be stuck with a 6+ Armour Save and little else. You can add it to large units of Boyz, but as it's been noted before, that gets expensive fast. The other thing the Mad Dok does is add Fearless and Feel No Pain to the unit he's with. It makes normal Boyz pretty resilient and can keep some of your smaller units around and functional when they'd otherwise be running away.

I bring out one or two Big Meks with Shokk Attack Guns every now and then. They perform alright, though they're erratic. I've blown Land Raiders and tooled out Command Squads right off the board with a single shot, but I've also blown my Big Mek and the unit he's attached to away with equal frequency. It's a fun unit to take, but don't count on predicting what it's going to do.

The final thing I use here and there are Wierdboyz. They're a cheap HQ option that doesn't need wargear to do their job. The price tag increases if you want to purchase the Warphead ability, but it does make the Weirdboy easier to work with and he does still come out cheap. If I'm stretched for points, I'll often look at the Weirdboy to free up some points that I'd otherwise spend on an HQ.

warbosses: ghazz, on a bike making biker nobs scoring, or in a ride with a plank (move phase klaw hits). but always a powa klaw

I've use mad doc for fun and to really mess with my oponet (every thing with a 5++ is fun, watch 15 boys tarpit and wipe a termy squad)
    Last edited by gythku; 03-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Just keep in mind Ghazgkull is great, but not fantastic at killing certain things like Demons, or Wytches.

He's also great as a delaying tactic - if you need to tie things up for a turn, don't be afraid to throw his 2+ fearless waggh at it. Even if you can't kill it, delaying it is sometimes all you need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12