BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ork antitank

Twin-linked rokkits on the kopters / kans (can they take them?) .

Battle-Brother

Everything you need for anti-tank with orks is unreliable. Best if you just throw it all at once and see what sticks.

Here is how I rate anti-tank in the codex:

Big Gunz (bs3 str8) - best
    Powerklaws (s9)
    Deffkoptas twinlinked rokkits
    Deffrolla (str 10)
    Ork and Grot Dreadnought assaulting
    Tankbustas' shooting
    Lootas
    wagon's Kannon/Boomgun
    Tankbustas w/ tankhammers
    Tankbustas in assault -grenades-
    Deffkopta assault w/ buzzsaw
    Weirdboy melta (str 10 ap 1)
    Killkannon str 7
    Trukk's plank or wrecking ball
    Suicide trukk w/ reinforced ram moving 18" and ramming
    Snikrot str 6
    Choppa boy
    Shoota boy - worst, yet still possible

Few notes: deffguns outrange kannonz which outrange rokkits. suicide trukk for games when tank shock = being able to ram, outside of assault there are only a hand ful of options

Maybe even Shokk attack gun, although that kinda of varies between the damage and rolls you get.
    Nob bikers even? Add the powerklaws or combi rockets, despite BS 3 might help soften the target first then assault later?

Quote Originally Posted by marsdonut View Post
    Everything you need for anti-tank with orks is unreliable. Best if you just throw it all at once and see what sticks.

Here is how I rate anti-tank in the codex:

Big Gunz (bs3 str8) - best
    Powerklaws (s9)
    Deffkoptas twinlinked rokkits
    Deffrolla (str 10)
    Ork and Grot Dreadnought assaulting
    Tankbustas' shooting
    Lootas
    wagon's Kannon/Boomgun
    Tankbustas w/ tankhammers
    Tankbustas in assault -grenades-
    Deffkopta assault w/ buzzsaw
    Weirdboy melta (str 10 ap 1)
    Killkannon str 7
    Trukk's plank or wrecking ball
    Suicide trukk w/ reinforced ram moving 18" and ramming
    Snikrot str 6
    Choppa boy
    Shoota boy - worst, yet still possible

Few notes: deffguns outrange kannonz which outrange rokkits. suicide trukk for games when tank shock = being able to ram, outside of assault there are only a hand ful of options
    You forgot the Deathrolla! Not only is it easily the best anti-tank in the codex, it's some of the best anti-tank anywhere.

Battle-Brother

@Bean
    I have it at # 4 labeled as a deffrolla. Battlewagons are awesome, but they take some time getting to your opponent even with all the trimmings. If you noticed, I rated things by range except for the lootas.

@Jetforce
    Grots are the only units in the ork codex with BS 3, and any option for a BS 2 missile should never be one-shot! I think the main question OP should him or herself is whether you're attacking in waves, or all at once! (Jet/Bikes in assault are only good for getting there quick)

Yea, I forgot about the SAG as well as Zzap guns. I suppose although they're variable, I would prefer zzap guns more than a SAG against vehicles because if you're already glancing, you're always at least causing 'crew shaken'. I think I would also rate the SAG lower than the weirdboy's melta ability
    Last edited by marsdonut; 03-21-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by marsdonut View Post
    I have it at # 4 labeled as a deffrolla. Battlewagons are awesome, but they take some time getting to your opponent even with all the trimmings. If you noticed, I rated things by range except for the lootas.

Grots are the only units in the ork codex with BS 3, and any option for a BS 2 missile should never be one-shot! I think the main question OP should him or herself is whether you're attacking in waves, or all at once! (Jet/Bikes in assault are only good for getting there quick)
    Ah, you're right. Sorry. I missed it.

I still think it deserves the number-one slot. Grot Guns are fine, but they're basically guard missile teams, and that's just not good enough to warrant being called the best. Sure, they've got the range, but they just don't have the output. Deathrollas have the output, and since Orks are basically just about getting in people's faces anyway, the range just isn't that big of a deal.

Battle-Brother

You make a good point. I rated powerklaws higher than deffrollas because when I typed it out, I already had imaginary orks disembarking their battlewagon and assaulting some vehicles. Deffrollas are probably the best overall, but my list was just for fun and an attempt to argue that the best anti-tank could be the smallest.

I suppose the next best list is one like...

_Ork Anti-tank_
    deffrolla - best!
    deffrolla
    deffrolla
    deffrolla
    deffrolla
    deffrolla
    deffrolla missing - worst!

does vehcule free mean no guns? a couple of units of cannons may be worth considering as a cheap option.

Rather than run a zillion deffrollas, I'm thinking of using Nobs to stick my BWs in the elite slot and taking 3 full batteries of Kannon Big Gunz with ammo runts.

9 S8 shots with ridiculous range, and rerolled 4+ to hit... it's downright un-orky, and cheap, which leaves more room for boyz and nobz.

Is this a terrible idea?

I ran a footslogging Ork list for a while.

I used Loota's to take down transports.

I used a nob biker squad with warboss with power claw to take out heavy tanks. If they were close together I would multi assault. If they were separated I would split off the warboss to take out the big nasty vehicles and use the rest of the nob's to take out whatever else was either dangerous or tasty.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast