BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Battle-Brother

I'd say go GK if you have limited funds, since you can buy fewer models worth more points. They're pretty boss right now and will probably hold up well over the long run. Personally I think 'Nids are decent right now but will probably do really well in 6th edition when it drops. Plus I'm an avid Tyranid player and love our 'underdog' army...so yea, Tyranids...good choice!

Scout

I think that you should flip a coin. Ihave a friend that has been playing nids since he started in '99 and I have grey knights. Grey knights are a strong head to head army and with the use of the stormraven are fast and dangerous across the field. Then of cource there is the rifleman dread for hideous long range support.

Tyranid on the other hand and a little sneakier. 50% of the army can use the outflank rule to get right to the enemy. This will reduce the amount of rounds they recieve along the way. Genestealers on the charge are a bad day for grey knights because of the initiative and rending. A Carnifex or brood make for a good distraction for the enemies heavy weapons while you bide your time.

I hope this helps.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'd choose Nids and make a ton of conversions. I'd make them all like mini Cthulhus...
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Thanks for more input guys. I've decided to just wait until my Eldar or Orks get updated. Orks already satisfy my need to spam lots of tiny units, and I do pretty well with them. Definitely agree with waiting til 8th ed hits.

Or even wait for the 6th edition box set? You'll get the rule book, dice and all the stuff. Not sure what armies are going to be on it, rumors says either chaos, maybe DE?

Battle-Brother

Default My 3 cents

I agree with Mr. Furious as it may not be the best time to get into the game but don't let that stop you if thats what you want to do. Nid's are always a good army and you can mob with that army. Eldar are still one of the most underated armies in 5th. as my brother usually dominates with his Eldar. Just my humble opinions.

why not use student loans for warhammer? Nothing says financial responsibility like paying 6.8% interest on your army instead of 20-30% on most major credit cards!

BTW- If you kitbash bugs, I'd like to see something outrageous like bugs/lizardmen kitbash

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by elmo.a69 View Post
    Tyranid on the other hand and a little sneakier. 50% of the army can use the outflank rule to get right to the enemy.
    Say what? Am I missing something in the Codex?

Always always allllways pick the army you like the best. If you play for pure competition (unless you are into that) you will grow to resent the army you play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12