BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Glue Range!

Occuli Imperator

Default New Glue Range!

For those of us who use GW glue (I think it is the most expensive item/g GW sells..)
    4 glues
    • Plastic Glue Thin
    • Plastic Glue Thick (exiting stuff)
    • Superglue Thick
    • Superglue Thin

All £4.10
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat470007a[/url]

Who in their right mind would pay GW prices for glue you can get for easily half the price?
    Ahhh- I might be having a heart attack!! I am over weight, over fifty and I am speedballing tranq darts and pure adrenaline!!

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah it's not any better than other modelling brands that are now what, a quarter of the price? I use revell poly cement which I think costs me about £1.99 for twice as much. And it's commonly available on the high street. If you're the kind of guy who'll step into poundland you can get many tubes of superglue for a quid. Great for gluing your hands to stuff. And metal.

Librarian

Revell Contacta Professional.
    Loctite Super Glue Precision Max.
    PVA.

That is all. I've never used a GW glue and with their insanely inflated prices and shoddy, shoddy bottles (seriously, polystyrene cement without a needle applicator is just pointless), I never will.

Veteran-Sergeant

They're glue is really overpriced. Equivalent or better glue is available at hobby shops or craft stores for about half the price. Its great that they offer it but I can't believe how much they charge. They don't make glue, they just repackage other people's glue with their name on the bottles.

The Testors thin plastic glue is all I use anymore. No strings and its so much easier to apply with lots of precision and little waste.

Paying GW prices for glue only occurs after you've sniffed too much product.

Scout

lol, good to see that i'm not the only one who refuses to use their glue.

Chaplain

I hate their Glue. I bought their super glue. It has a like a little brush built into. And all it ends up doing is drying rapidly before I even can get it on the model. Creating messy wispy strands all over the place and gumming up the brush and neck of the bottle which pretty much decided to seal itself shut.

The PVA glue isn't half bad but you have to constantly keep the nozzle clear.

I always preferred Testers. They used to have a bottle with a narrow metal applicator that was brilliant for fine detail gluing. Alas, now I cannot buy such glue anymore here. On account of Walmart, (the only place to buy anything here) stopped selling it because dumbasses where using it to make meth.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

So what exactly should thick/thing glues be used for?

I use GW plastic glue but not their super glue. I've found it fine for all my plastic... why do I now need two different types?

I just think it's funny that their old super glue is now a new release.....at least it's a couple bucks cheaper now, at least in Canada anyways....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast