BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Skyrar's dark wolves or wolves of khorne??

Okay I've had my heart set on reimagining my space wolves as skyrar's dark wolves for a little bit now, but I just remembered and then dug up the old Dornian heresy stuff and totally remembered how cool the space wolves/ wolves of khorne were in that nifty alternate timeline brought to us by the folks at bolter and chainsword.

So my question is this, which one should I model and paint my forces as?

Either way I'll usually be playing my army using the space wolves codex, and sometimes the chaos book depending on mood.

Any thoughts or advice would be great thanks all.

if i were you i would pick whatever it is has the least g.w fluff that leaves you the most room to modify and make your own army a bit more singular

Im not sure how many people have actually read the Dornian Heresy, so they may not get the Wolves of Khorne, but then you could just say that they're fallen spacewolves, which is what Skyrar's dark wolves are. I guess it comes down to your preference in the color schemes. And hopefully this won't add confusion, but you could use the Space Wolves who are allied with the Red Corsairs as another Chaos option.

It's hinted in the Dornian Heresy that Skyrar's Dark Wolves are Khorne Wolves that got caught in a warp-rift - so why not do both? Mix-up or combine the color schemes, put your own stamp on it.

Brother-Captain

Wolves of Khorne sounds silly. Why not call them Blood Wolves? It has a better ring to it.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Wolves of the Blood God?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Muras View Post
    Wolves of the Blood God?
    But that's got the same [Thing] of [Other Thing] pattern as Wolves of Khorne.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Brother-Sergeant

Okay they're not really called the wolves of khorne they're just the space wolves but worshiping khorne. And yeah I guess you guys are right and just do whichever feels right. I kind of think I'll do both but in my head they'll be dornian heresy space wolves. Because I dig the fluff and the collars of khorne seem like an awesome modeling opportunity.

Plus skyrar's dark wolves have a bleh paint scheme or at least it seems like it to me.

However they are a canon justification for having a chaosy feel to my wolves.

You should do Nurgle wolves, zombified space wolves FTW!

Veteran-Sergeant

dude you completely jacked my idea!! i was gonna kit bash my remaining SW heads (i have TONS)with berserkers! not cool dude, not cool....