BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Shows

First-Captain

Sooooo.... T.V shows anyone?

Any Misfits fans about?

Didn't care for Misfits personally.

Anyone else noticed a decline in the quality of British television recently? Going back a few years there were heaps of shows I really enjoyed, now there are a few but mostly we seem to be getting Generic Gritty Detective Show #43 and a smattering of apalling talent shows and whatnot.

Ooh, I do like Outnumbered though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

I thought the last series of Sherlock was pretty good T.V but now, generally, British = Bobbins.

I'm usually a Moffat fan but I didn't care for Sherlock either. Not a big fan of modern adaptation and something felt off about Sherlock in my opinion, in contrast to Jekyll which I thought as adaptations go was rather good.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Insert large list of TV shows and Movies here.
    Read this www.scribd.com/doc/123508033/Warhammer-40-000-6th-Edition-Codex-Adeptus-Aribites Then fill this out www.surveymonkey.com/s/LCFWXNV thanks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Our lives = the world? I think not.
    Yes, but after you're dead, does it matter that the world continues on to you? Black Elk, a Lakota Sioux medicine man, once said, "Wherever you are can be the center of the world," and surely that is correct. Everyone's perceptions of reality center first on themselves. Extract oneself from the reality, and that reality ceases to have meaning from that perspective, and so no longer exists.

Or, put another way, with the lid off the box, Schrödinger's cat is dead.

Plus if Aubrey de Grey is correct I've got a pretty good shot at living for centuries/indefinitely barring accidents.
    Well, yes there is that. He's not the only one saying it, though. Truth be told, practical immortality is just this side of inevitable. Of course, governments would never allow it to happen so long as we're limited to this ball of rock.

I'm usually a Moffat fan but I didn't care for Sherlock either. Not a big fan of modern adaptation and something felt off about Sherlock in my opinion, in contrast to Jekyll which I thought as adaptations go was rather good.
    What's your opinion of Jeremy Brett as Sherlock (have you seen it)?

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Yes, but after you're dead, does it matter that the world continues on to you? Black Elk, a Lakota Sioux medicine man, once said, "Wherever you are can be the center of the world," and surely that is correct. Everyone's perceptions of reality center first on themselves. Extract oneself from the reality, and that reality ceases to have meaning from that perspective, and so no longer exists.
    "This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream."

Quote from a character in Baccano, who would be a spoiler to name.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I love Jeremy Brett as Sherlock, not perfect but really rather good. There is also a quality Russian production that is extremely good too but I can't remember the details of it. Haven't seen it in years.

Chapter-Master

Classic Doctor Who - 60s and 80s only
    Blakes 7
    Babylon 5
    Star Trek TNG/DS9
    The Prisoner (Original)
    Sapphire & Steel
    Star Cops
    Brass Eye
    Jam
    The Day Today
    Red Dwarf
    One Foot In The Grave
    The League Of Gentlemen
    Psychoville

Anime :
    Shakugan No Shana
    Zero no Tsukaima
    Ah! My Goddess
    Maetal Space Symphony
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Bubblegum Crisis
    Ghost In the Shell
    + Pretty much every "Harem" anime ever made. Especially if they have Tsunderes.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

Eldargal, check out: Garrow's law, Mrs Brown's Boys, Sherlock they are all good British shows.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast