BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

If the new 6th edition rumor is true you can use the new dred pods that let you assault the turn you arrive.
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Drop pods + Dreadnoughts = Trollface master taunter. Drop it somewhere on the rear of their army, his purpose is bling bling only you know, look scary and taunt some, especially if he's venerable, in which case you can have some fun. The best thing you could do is you know assault little critters like a squad of gaunts or annoying smaller units who can't do much and lock them into combat for the game.

If you can concentrate 3 las cannon / missile launchers shots for 2 turns it is pretty much worth its points IMO.

Librarian

My dreds make great cover as wreckage after the first turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    My dreds make great cover as wreckage after the first turn.
    Hahahahahahah soo true. They are good at being stalemated by my wyches as well.

Brother-Sergeant

i'm sure every one else has said this but drop pods. easiest way to get them stuck in. and ven dreads are awesome cuz theyre bs and ws 5. no one ever seems to remember that.
    40k: Yme-loc Eldar
    Fantasy: Ogres! lots of ogres!

I too love the idea of fighting with a dreadnaught. And, I've had the same problems. I would put to you that you really have to put some thought into using a dread in 40k, because of all the anit-advantage units out there. Meltas, dark lances, lascannon, etc...you get the idea. If you've tailored your dread to a specific role, then you will enjoy your dreads more. If you want to get them into combat quicker; tool them up with a DCCW and an assaultcannon and droppod them into the game. You can't assault that turn, but you can shoot, right? Get them in, squish your opponent and move out...nothing plainer than that.

Just a question but when you're playing is your opponent rolling 6's to hit? The walker can defend themselves well and you need a 6 to hit them, then you roll for AP, then result. (not Venerable scenerio) I run with a dreadnought myself and it usually takes a couple turns if not different assaults to take it down. My favorite loadout for one is plasma cannon and CCW.
    It really comes down to each game you're going to be playing and how to equip them ad how to bring them in. My friend plays Ultramarines and he loves to load it out with melta and seismic hammer as close as he can to my troops as a shock value, another friend auto cannon's both arms and uses them as mobile armor killers.
    It all comes down to what you want them to do, whats their objective in the game your playing, tie up squads, break tanks, fight monstrous creatures? Drop Pod is the fastest way to get them into your opponents face and distract them from the rest of your army.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456