BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Battle College warning

Hey everyone, I've been looking around, and I see a lot of you are recommending Battle College but I want to remind you that they are often wrong about the Trollbloods and they haven't responded to my change requests from months ago. Please take their advice with a grain of salt.

Chapter-Master

Can you elaborate on the mistakes they've made? Also, it's a wiki that anyone is free to join - why don't you just sign up and fix it yourself, or at least add a dissenting voice? Lots of articles are clearly a combination of several points of view.

Say it aint so! I have been spending a lot of time over there trying to learn other factions.

I've found the battle college to be a great resource. Its not completely infallible but 90% of it is good stuff.

Scout

I have found Battle college to be an awesome resource. I would definitely agree to take anything you read with a grain of salt, though. For building your own army, Battle college is a nice first step, but it is often better to talk to other players from your faction online or in person. and of course trying your own stuff.

On the other hand, it is perfect for getting a quick low-down on enemy factions. It is much harder to dig through a forum for info when all you want to know is what unit X is and what combos to watch for. I find it to be a great way to quickly research new enemies, or to reference when reading battle reports from unfamiliar armies.

The one thing I dislike about Battle college is how extreme their views are on models. you will often see comments that make a unit look like the most amaxing unit ever made, or complete trash. There are very few units that have an unbiased, middle of the road opinion written about them. Battle college made me believe early on that pHexeris was one of the best models in the Skorne army, and that Rhinodons are complete junk. I don't believe either of those opinions now.

Battle College can be a good start to learn about each faction, mainly for the list of abilities on each model. But yes, they do tend to be extreme in their views on quite a few models.

Battle college represent!! Am I right?

Battle Colledge has some good info on Cryx and Everblights, the
    Two armies am interested in. Apart from that I don't know.

DM

You get what you pay for.

While it's a horrible resource for learning the wording of rules I find it's a great for learning which rules models have.

I ceratinly would not buy the faction books for what I do not play so it gives me what I find most important for free.

Its a wiki, so you can register and then edit the posts!

I find the battle college to be a good metric of the community's feelings on particular units. However, everyone's play style is different, so what works for a majority of players may not work for you, and vice versa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast