BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Has Anyone Noticed...

...that Warhammer 40,000 seems to be a very dry place? Maybe it's just me, and the five or so major game stores in my state that I've played at, but I almost NEVER see a single game board for 40K with water on it. I played Imperial Guard for a while when I was younger, and Chimeras have that nice "amphibious" rule, which back in the day I was always excited about, thinking it'd give me a huge advantage in games....and to this day I've never seen a table that I was able to use it on.

Is it just me, or does Warhammer 40K need a wet season?
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

I think it is most people don't have water terrian (my local gw store does but those darn Fantasy players (joking there) use it most of the time)
    Star Wars Galaxies - Rest in Peace - is Benjam Frail, NGE Player
    (former) fan of Supreme Commander, Dungeon Siege and Gas Powered Games

There just aren't good rules for water terrain.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    There just aren't good rules for water terrain.
    There are plenty of good rules for water terrain. You decide if it's impassable, difficult, or dangerous, just like anything else. Where's the problem?
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rissan4ever View Post
    There are plenty of good rules for water terrain. You decide if it's impassable, difficult, or dangerous, just like anything else. Where's the problem?
    It doesn't provide any cover

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidum View Post
    ...that Warhammer 40,000 seems to be a very dry place? Maybe it's just me, and the five or so major game stores in my state that I've played at, but I almost NEVER see a single game board for 40K with water on it. I played Imperial Guard for a while when I was younger, and Chimeras have that nice "amphibious" rule, which back in the day I was always excited about, thinking it'd give me a huge advantage in games....and to this day I've never seen a table that I was able to use it on.

Is it just me, or does Warhammer 40K need a wet season?
    one Store i played at had two boards with huge rivers running through them.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Fly Lord

I think the Chimera's amphibious rule is the least used rule in the game.

You very occasionally see a water feature here or there, but in general water is hard to do on the tabletop.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

At the Battle for Stones River tournament, all the boards have at least 1 river running through them.

But in general I agree, water features are few and far between.

Veteran-Sergeant

I any time we have ever used it when my friends and I play it is just difficult terrain. If it is chemical sludge or something make it dangerous. Most people I think dont bother because water effects stuff can be pricey and it is hard to make it look good.

Chapter-Master

We've got a great set of rubber rivers at my FLGS, and we use them all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast