BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Depends a bit on the mood, some nice engaging bass music, like lounge, UK dub, chill music in general.
    Or melodic and not too hectic death metal like Opeth, Thurisaz, Ghost Brigade, Swallow The Sun.

Or a 40K audio book
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Scout

If I have a movie on, I usually end up watching the show as opposed to painting. So I usually listen to 40k podcasts: 11th Company, 40KUK, and Life after the Cover Save. They are all nice and long, so I can get a decent amount of painting in at a shot.

Battle-Brother

I tend to listen to movie and game soundtracks and epic classical pieces for the most part.
    BHound1981
    https://www.facebook.com/IAWargamming

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by St. Murphy View Post
    I started out "watching" various tv shows, but dropped that since I was really only listening anyway. Books on tape are great, but expensive and the things I want to read don't always get me into the vibe of the grim dark. Unless I'm painting LOTRSBG then I could listen to LOTR again and again. But my latest go to while painting are the TED Talks. There is nothing more grim dark than real life. I usually pick out the ones on ecological disasters, or future technologies that are here now. Give it a shot.
    You could always get books on tape from your local librarium. Just don't return the data slates back late, or the librarians might smite you.

Chapter-Master

Rooster Teeth Drunk Tank Podcast.

Audio books, Bach, the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I'm a bit bipolar when it comes to music, going from Chopin to Metallica to Prodigy, as an example. For me it's really about how the music relates to the model/squad I'm painting. This helps me get in the mood to paint all the orks for my green tide.
    Songs like: Nocturne op.9 / Blitzkrieg / Texas flood / Warrior's Dance / Don't stop me now / etc...

Brother-Sergeant

I find I listen to things more now that I'm painting. I used to watch movies or shows, but now that I've gotten good enough to care about where the paint goes, I find myself paying more attention to that and thus listening rather than watching.

Generally, I prefer podcasts like the 11th Company, Independent Characters and Screaming Heretic or audio books. In a pinch, the local classic rock station will do.

I listen to crazy music like LMFAO and ICP when I paint.

Brother-Captain

Depends on what I'm painting, but it's almost always a game soundtrack. I've been on a Hitoshi Sakimoto (mostly Final Fantasy 12, but some of his Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyria Chronicles* stuff) kick lately with a few songs from Blazblue.

*This one is most fitting for my continued efforts to paint my guardsmen like the Gallian Militia.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast