BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Scout

Default What do you listen to while painting?

I started out "watching" various tv shows, but dropped that since I was really only listening anyway. Books on tape are great, but expensive and the things I want to read don't always get me into the vibe of the grim dark. Unless I'm painting LOTRSBG then I could listen to LOTR again and again. But my latest go to while painting are the TED Talks. There is nothing more grim dark than real life. I usually pick out the ones on ecological disasters, or future technologies that are here now. Give it a shot.

Librarian

for me its the horus heresy audio books

or the doors........ something about Jims tone just keeps me painting.... though horse latitudes sometimes can be a little distracting.

my painting circle has been known to have the odd bit of slayer and rollins band right down to oasis and paul weller. but the slayer and stuff was a while ago... back in our teens and twenties LOL

Chaplain

I've never been a big music lover so around the house my background noise is my television. So I'll tune into the History Channel, Discovery, AMC, or Fox News since I'm an evil right winger and listen to them as I work on my models. When it comes to the handful of shows I actually want to watch I'll do my models later.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Brother-Sergeant

Since I do most of my modelling and painting in my barracks, I get to listen to a menagerie of young soldiers wrestling, yelling, playing loud awful rap music, things/people being tossed around and general pandemonium. It used to be distracting, but now I have grown used to it. It kinda makes me feel like I can paint in a warzone. So its good training in my opinion. If i do have a choice of listening music it is usually something lite like easy listening.

I listen to the band "American Football." I don't need a drimgark musical inspiration session. I need calming music that helps calm meself so i can paint shenanigans. In a non shenanigan way of course.

Veteran-Sergeant

I normally paint out on my patio in the evening, I just enjoy the quite after a busy day.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

When I'm painting I usually watch/ listen to musicals. Namely Moulin Rouge, Glee, Phantom of the Opera, Repo! and the like. Alternatively I like to listen to 40k podcasts here and there to mix it up but generally I have a hard time finding ones that arent just a total boys club with fart jokes and the like. Failing either of those I like to listen to Russian pop music, the stylings of Nyusha and Chi-li being personal favourites of mine... Then again thats what all 40k players listen to/ watch, right?... Right?

Chaplain

Not this 40k player Jenn.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Battle-Brother

Generally I catch the 11th Company podcast and a few others if I have the time while painting/modeling. I've also watched shows on Hulu or Netflix in the past, though I find it can be a little distracting.

For music I am a 90's kid so lots of Alternative/Grunge/Punk stuff. Whatever is in my playlist gets shuffled on random, so there can be quite a mix of music.
    My blog Scratchbuilt 40k- http://scratchbuilt40k.blogspot.com/

[url=http://patientzero.bandcamp.com/track/dwarf-hole-diggy-diggy-hole]This[/url], over and over and over.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast