BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Pre-rubric Thousand Sons Commission

Hey there, I'm new to BoLS Lounge and new to commissions, and I was hoping for some feedback on the work so far. This is a summary of the last 3 weeks of work, so don't worry, I promise to be less picture heavy after this.

Progress on squad one

The same squad, finished

Close up of the sorceror

Basecoating the rest of the army, there's two more squads of thousand sons who have been basecoated as well

I've almost finished the gold, and I'll post up progress later tonight. Let me know what you think guys.

Joe

Chaplain

They look awesome. Good job. like the lightning on the sword.

Battle-Brother

Thabks thornblood, it's the first time I really was satisfied with the result of the technique. I'm excited to use it more with the other sorcerors and a few other places. I plan on changing all the radiant parts (power sword, eyes, maybe so vents) in colors based on squads.

Joe

Not bad work, nice and tidy. Three weeks seems like a long time to wait for the models though. How much have you got left to do?

Looks good, the only thing I see on the predator and some of the models is the chaos star. Would pre-rubric Thousands Sons have that?

Very nice. More pics from squad 1 please?

Battle-Brother

beno: I don't know, I feel like a month is about right for a commission, but that's by the by. I've going to be finishing them by Saturday evening, when I'm giving them back to him.

lord inquisitor: Thanks man. As far as the chaos star goes, that's something that we agreed was up for interpretation. The way we see it, these Thousand Sons are post heresy, so they would worship tzeentch (and the chaos on the whole), so the star would fit in. That being said, my client wanted the original red color scheme, so we reasoned that the only time Thousand Sons are explicitly shown as blue is post rubric and therefore it's reasonable to say that post heresy but pre rubric Thousand Sons can be in their original color scheme.

It looks like I've got a lot left, but in reality everything after the gold flies buy. I'm excited to paint Asurman and the two big baddies.

another picture of the finished squad

and a better picture of the finished sorcerer

close up of one of the finished marines

the start of the daemon prince and the awesome conversion that my client made with the thousands sons dread

Joe

Oops, managed to miss the pic with the tanks. If you've got them to work on + the big daemon/dreadnought guys & Asurman then three-four weeks makes a bit more sense - I thought you just had a couple of squads of marines - my mistake

Looking good though. Keep the updates coming, would love to see 'em finished

Brother-Sergeant

Looks good, like the concept too. Do any of the models exhibit signs of flesh change? I know in ATS it seems a little like mutation in the legion is all 'Spawn or nothing', but I always figured that some of the marines would have some minor gifts from Tzeentch too, especially after Magnus teleports them all into the warp.

Battle-Brother

Beno: no worries, I've done it too. Thanks for the kind words, and hopefully I'll hsve some mo pictures of finished models up tonight.

Colonel Bindoff: Mutation would be a really interesting idea, although it wasn't in the mind of my cient when he built the army. If I were to explain it away, I would further define the time period of this army to be before they fled to the eye, probably soon before or during the siege of Terra.

About to start the purple and then it's on to the detail work. Wish me luck.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast