BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Well,there's a wad of cash spent...Looks sweet

Because I'm apparently 6 years old, I chuckled at the idea of "SoB busts"

Speaking of, I wonder if they're going with the Bust-style to avoid any issues with making a plastic Sister model that GW might take exception to? either way, as many have said, it'd be easy enough to swap out normal minis for these.

Even ol' Generic Captain! Well, for me at least, since I magnetized his arms so I could, in theory, go with the LC/PP.

I just hope it uses the same rule system as Talisman, rather than needing a Talisman set to play.

Veteran-Sergeant

I don't think I could loot my game pieces to use for any of my armies... especially since these board games become so limited after their release.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserdean View Post
    I don't think I could loot my game pieces to use for any of my armies... especially since these board games become so limited after their release.
    Spoken as someone who has obviously never played Talisman. If played properly (i.e. everyone gets dealt a random character to play), it's never the same game twice. Rolling for movement and a big stack of adventure cards means you can't predict what will happen from turn to turn. It's one of the reasons why Talisman has endured for so long, where many other games have faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by frommage View Post
    It's a nice Beer and Pretzel game, typical board game: role dices, move Warhammer Fantasy inspired figurines. Easy rules, finish games in an 2 to 4 hours. It was created in the days where Games Workshop, was a game developpement workshop and not a profit obsessif company...
    BEER!

Best played near a bar. Need a drink? Beat another player up (in game!) and then demand a pint instead of the traditional gold, object or a life

Those were the days

Brother-Sergeant

Hopefully different enough from Talisman to be a new game, rather than just a new paint job, but similar enough to be just as good fun. It being from FFG shows a good start.

I had a 3rd edition Talisman with all the expaansions. My firneds and I would play it for hours. That Dragon's tower was a pain. Eventually I sold it on ebay for $550.00
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

This would be a great thing! I hope its real!
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

FFG continue to out-Games Workshop Games Workshop! This sounds quite fun and I could see it working well with 40k's Science-Fantasy setting. May actually get this one if it's not too expensive (for me).
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Scout

Perfect timing. Been researching ffg and other brand strategy boardgames (eclipse, etc..). Def gonna track this game..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast