BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

If I had to pick three non-marine units and say "these are the best units for the points in 40k," then penal legion would definitely make the list. Excellent unit with excellent abilities in all three roll options.

Scout

Penal legions are fantastic!
    It's about the best way I can think of to represent Savlar chem dogs or Drookian fen guard in the current ruleset.

I love them!

They are very random but it only makes them more funny to play In my DS/Outflank heavy IG army I always use them - 1 squad is obligatory for me.
    Opponents are often surprised when a squad of crazed butchers killers from outflank and butchers shooting infantry.
    Their only downside is lack of grenades - charging anything in cover is very risky

I am plotting a traitor guard army and these guys will have a special place, tha of representing summoned demons, gunslingers = flamers, knife fighters = daemonettes, guys w furious charge = bloodletters. Course this is all just for fun, ive heard goo things about them but have no idea if they will pay off.

DM

i miss the old skool versions with bomb collars - still have some the old models kicking around - methinks it might be useful to dust them off sometime soon

I would love to make a pirate themed army using penal legionnaires, I mean, if they aren't the pirate type what is?

This is one of those units I always want to take for the cool factor, but don't because the points are spent better elsewhere.

That being said I found these conversion bits for them and am taking a second look:

[url]http://www.victorialamb.com/store.html[/url]

I espciallay like the Riddick head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12