BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Colossals are mix kits (Plastic/Resin with some White Metal bits). I could actually see someone "borrowing" the Menoth Colossal to use as a knight titan. As for their size they will make most 40k vehicles look smaller. PP commented that the Conquest (Khadoran Colossal) that its as wide as the Legion of Everblight battle engine is high (somewhere between 6 and 8 inches). As they go on a 5 inch base and most of the pics/art make them look as though they are going to be hanging over the only 40k vehicles comparable in size are things like the Stormraven, The Monolith, or possible even a Baneblade.

Librarian

Going by what you have all described a knight titan as, does not the GK dreadknight fit that bill? I've read Mechanicus, and upon seeing the new Dreadknight, i was like "that's a knight titan to me".

Maybe a little work to enclose the pilot, because that's where I think the model would fail at being a knight titan.

40k already had (also currently has) massive centerpiece models....just go to forgeworld and have fun ;D

Librarian

I really hope that GW stays away from what the OP is talking about. Everything that is in regular 40K fits pretty well in the game as it stands, the larger trygon and what not push that enevelope in my eyes. If they put out new rules that accomodate the larger things, then it may be good for the game. I think that WHFB has gotten out of hand with their rules and blingy show pieces, some of which are tempting to attempt to paint.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Going by what you have all described a knight titan as, does not the GK dreadknight fit that bill? I've read Mechanicus, and upon seeing the new Dreadknight, i was like "that's a knight titan to me".

Maybe a little work to enclose the pilot, because that's where I think the model would fail at being a knight titan.
    Yup. Probably the closest thing that exists. My Warhound is about 11 inches talk. The contempor is about 3. If they were to do knight titans, I'd think 5-7 inches would be appropriate.

Knights typically run in lances of 3-5 and their pilots are usually younger, less augmented mechanicus agents. I'm buying another Warhound because they run in pairs always, so you can bet your sweet booty I'd get about 4 knights if they made them.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Sergeant

Knights would kick ***! Two plastic knights and a plastic warhound? Hell yeah!

Chapter-Master

collossals are not that big,

warjack = thunderwolf in size so im guessing collossals are about the size of a mawlock........ and 15x the price :L

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Knight Titans are large 1-man walkers. Their epic scale models were about the size of a 40k infantry model - so scaling up I'd say they're about 6 inches high? Twice the height of a dreadnought, half the height of a warhound...
    In Epic the Imperials, Chaos and Eldar all had knights - Orks had stompas, Tyranids had various big bugs.

A dreadknight or the new FW decimator would make a small one, an upright defiler a larger one. Another good conversion technique is to use the blood slaughterer's torso.
    They should have vaguely face-like heads: sentinel cockpits, bits of defiler claw-armour and Inquisitor-scale Space Marine helmets have both been used to good effect.

I'm currently converting knight titans for my Mechanicus army, and looking for ideas for more. I'm collecting links to other people's converted knight titans here: [url]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=248882[/url] - if you want to see some beautiful models, that has all the links you need!

I would be overjoyed if GW made official models for them, but there's lots of conversion opportunities already.
    Last edited by miteyheroes; 03-15-2012 at 04:52 AM.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Scout

I would totally buy Knights if released in plastic.

Chapter-Master

This is probably about the right scale:

On crew sizes:

Knight - 1 Crew, Pilot Only.
    Warhound - 5 Crew, 1 Princeps, 2 Operandi, 2 Slaved Weapon Servitors
    Reaver - 10ish Crew (1 Princeps, 4 Operandi, 4 Slaved Weapon Servitors, 1 On Board Tech Priest)
    Warlord - No Idea. Lots I'd presume, as I believe they also house a garrison of Skiterati
    Imperator - It's a freaking city.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast