BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Rules you want to keep in 6th

There are countless threads on what people want to change in 6th but I don't think enough thought has gone into what people want to keep the same. I ask you, what rules would you like to keep in 6th without alteration?
    I'd want to keep Death or Glory! I use this all the time and would be sad to see it disappear.

Librarian

The AP rules.

I like 'em much better than the bloody save modifier rules from waaaaay back.

Fleet. As a Dark ELdar player you understand
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

I'm hoping that they keep the FOC. There was talk of (back when the "6th ed" rules were leaked) of a similar to WFB system, and I really don't think that will mesh well with the game rules/mechanics; plus will make playing some armies at a tournament impossible.

Chapter-Master

The general layout of 5th ed is great. It's just the details that need fixing to balance some things out.

The only thing I'd with they'd change, broadly speaking, is to streamline the layout of the game phases. Currently it's very clunky, moving everything then shooting then moving again and then possibly moving again and all in odd orders and so on. The best thing about the leaked ruleset was the streamlined game phases. You could accomplish everything you currently could while playing, but games went significantly faster because it was so much more efficient.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

The only thing I'd really want to keep would be the vehicle damage charts. But I'd change it so a main weapon begins at strength 6. The one thing I hate the most is the ability to shoot through Squad A to hit Squad B. I think this needs a rethinking. It's illogical. Being able to shoot through one unit to hit something else? And nothing happens to the unit being shot through?
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

I have to agree with Darklink here, I believe the 5th edition rulebook is by far the best produced and its preTTy good however it's the small details and how a codex abuses/ utilizes these details that makes the game feel weird and bad. My 2 cents.

Librarian

So in short, Grenadier, you want to be able to fire every weapon on a tank unless it's an Executioner Leman Russ? Sorry, that sounds terrible.

First off, the game MUST keep TLOS. The only people who are having trouble with this rule are people who are overly argumentative or who don't pay attention to their maneuvering.

I would like to keep the Run and Fleet mechanics, the vehicle damage charts, and the current cover mechanic for determining cover to infantry, MCs, and vehicles. I would also like to keep most elements of the current combat resolution as it applies to morale. However, I would like to see a change in units with Fearless, as currently it's a liability for units in combat.

Chaplain

It doesn't sound terrible to me at all. Because it's still going to be subject to movement restrictions. Thus a Predator outfitted with all lascannons will still have to decide if needs to move or not. A Leman Russ can always fire its big gun if it moves at combat speed. But otherwise any sponson or hull weapons can't fire. And there are times it's better to fire something other than the big gun.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Librarian

I interpreted your statement as raising the defensive weapon strength. Was that incorrect?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast