BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

I would keep the "To Hit" rolls the same in 6th ed.

Veteran-Sergeant

Tlos, running, flat out save for skimmers/jetbikes

although i want the multi-assualt rules changed to if you have the distance and can keep coherency charge whoever your want

Chapter-Master

there's a reason for preventing charging whatever.

Back in the day, I would shoot one squad to death, then charge a second squad, wipe them out, and then consolidate into a 3rd, effectively killing 2 units and locking up a 3rd one in a single phase.

Basically, it is broken and unfair. Tyranids were nearly unstoppable with those rules.

Seriously: I didn't lose a game for 3 months straight. That was once. And that was due to a specific person tailoring his army to specifically destroy mine. The next week, I brought something different, and I still crushed everyone, and defeated the taylor army.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 03-16-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

how about if you shoot you cannot multi-assault at all as it take distracts you from other units?

and i said nothing about changing consolidation moves to allow charging, i mean this has to be the most broken part of your entire example by being able to unit hop and avoid the shooting phase easily
    Last edited by Sinistermind; 03-16-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistermind View Post
    how about if you shoot you cannot multi-assault at all as it take distracts you from other units?

and i said nothing about changing consolidation moves to allow charging, i mean this has to be the most broken part of your entire example by being able to unit hop and avoid the shooting phase easily
    not really.

wiping out 2 units is the real kicker. At that point, I almost don't care if you kill the squad. I had already done horrific damage to your army.

Here's a good example how you can totally screw someone:
    Dante, Sanguinary Guard, Infernus pistols, Banner, Fist. Sanguinary priest, infernus, pw.

You shoot and destroy a warrior squad. Then charge the hormagaunt, and slaughter them. You kinda don't care that you can shoot the Sanguinary guard anymore. You have just totally screwed up a tyranid backbone.

Veteran-Sergeant

i dont see how what your saying has anything to do with what im saying, i just said if they take the restrictions off moving into a multi-assault that it shouldnt be done at all if shooting then you can only charge what you shot like it is now..., and i said nothing about being able to singularly shoot a unit and charge a different unit...

Chapter-Master

you said to charge whoever you want. the only restriction on charging is if you shoot someone.

I don't know what I would like to keep but I would like to see something come back. Assaulting from rhinos from 3rd ed. Why take a transport that you have to single file out of just to stand and shoot?

Chapter-Master

Because transports aren't already awesome enough.

Though I would really like to be able to do that with my Grey Knights as well.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I like the part of the game where they let you roll dice. I hope they keep that part and don't go to a diceless system.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast