Command Barge, Warscythe

150 Triarch Stalker

105 Scarabs x 7

105 Scarabs x 7

150 Triarch Stalker

150 Triarch Stalker

280 8 x Eldrich Lance Crypteks
    20 Solar Pulse

The idea here is to drop in two Crypteks from each court into each Immortal unit and really take advantage of the twin-linking heatray weapons on the Stalkers. I think that there should be plenty of firepower in a list like to handle most transport based armies ala Razorback/Rhino/Raider spam by glancing them with tesla or meltaing them with heatrays. Scarabs/Overlords take out the heavy stuff and anyone on foot gets fried within 12 inches. No real counter assualt unit here though.

Thoughts?

Brother-Captain

I think you'd be fine running mostly 5-man Immortal squads and fitting in Anni Barges and/or Scythes to give you more dakka and armor.

Does cutting the squad size down hurt the output of each unit quite a bit?
    Also, is three stalkers too many?
    Should I worry about not having a counter assualt unit?
    What are people using for Night Scythes right now?

Brother-Captain

Well, Immortals are usually run as Tesla batteries or sniper squads with 2 Crypteks. Since Eldritch Lances and Tesla Carbines have different optimal targets and ranges, loading up on both just tends to waste points. A good mix is usually best.

Stalkers are pricey, but fairly durable and bring your only melta. I don't take them in every list, but they can work here as midfield control/tie down units.

A dedicated counter assault unit is a nice luxury, but it's not necessary. Worst case you can tie down problem units with your Stalkers or mob them with Scarabs. If you wanted an assault unit that fits in your army, 3 Spyders would be right at home.

My Scythes are paper plate flying saucers right now, don't feel like dropping 100+ bucks on proxies I'm just going to replace down the road.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Brymm View Post
    Does cutting the squad size down hurt the output of each unit quite a bit?
    Also, is three stalkers too many?
    Should I worry about not having a counter assualt unit?
    What are people using for Night Scythes right now?
    You need the large squad numbers to get the number if dice to get the precious 6's. The twin linked helps add to that.

As for counter assault. I would play test first. The stalkers will need to be with in 12" to maximize melta which will be within charge range. They can tie up most assault units with AV 11 in the back.

Terminator Salvation Hunter Killers make great Night Scythe proxies.

Chaplain

Since Stalkers are walkers, they still get their 13 in the front. Unless they had been previously penetrated.

Battle-Brother

Also, remember your command barges are way upfront, tagging vehicles so your tesla can kill the troops inside. The stalkers add another three dreadnought equivalents to charge with. Busting five to seven tanks per turn. Your opponent may have too many targets in their face to worry about charging you.

Be careful of those armies with lots of reserve stuff like DoA and Outflanking bike lists