BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Ogryn Substitutes

I do love the idea of throwing space ogres at people, but I dislike the models and haven't seen an Ogre Kingdoms conversion that worked (though the pirate and ninja maneaters may just show up out of principle). I was wondering if anyone knew a Citadel based conversion that worked as a substitute. Bonus if it's as awesome as the tau'chikoma.

Chaplain

The New Vampire counts Vargheists/Crypt Horrors could be your answer for a different base model here, but still need alot of work;
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat720001a&prodId=prod1460 006a&rootCatGameStyle=[/url]

I'd stick with the Ogres though. Google Ogryn conversions and take a look, some are pretty naff, some are amazing.

Veteran-Sergeant

I used regular Ogres for my Ogryns with some added flair.

Guns are the ripper guns from the old metal Ogryns. I covered the gut plates with ammo packs from the Inquisitor line. Grenades are from 40K Orks. And who can't resist using a Dark Eldar as a close combat weapon.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.