BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Question confused why do people think nids and BE are coming befor DE

evidence for BE, necron and nid CODEX release any time soon = 0

evidence for DE being worked on
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=600005&section=&pInd ex=4&aId=9400003&start=5[/url]
    that came out last year + the leaked models and so on croping up over the net

now i play nids and dark eldar and dark angels but i honestly have no idea where the rumours of a new codex are coming from especially tyranids they wont be updating a 4th ed codex when there's still 4 army's with a 3rd ed codex and one army who don't currently have a codex lol

i cant find any evidence on the net that the necrons are even being thought about lol and i do doubt that GW will release another SM codex so soon after SW if there is a SM codex next year it will be late 2010 at best cos they like to spread the love out at least a little bit usually

most likely releases for 40K next year is

Dark eldar

maby necrons (but some new models should have surfaced by now)

late on like October-December = blood angels

FYI, GW has said Dark Eldar are coming out since like '06. Tyranids are pretty much the next army, new plastics seen, and it has a big player base.

Blood angels came up when Space hulk came out, but since GW like to release a space marine based army every year, BA seem to be the next logical choice since their codex is a joke.

Necrons are also in the rumor because they are the most broken army in the game. So in my opinion

Q1 '10---> Tyranids
    Q2/3---> necrons
    Q4---> blood angels
    Q1 '11---> dark eldaer

Q4 '12---> the world ends..

I'm betting BA come right after Nids. People are freaking over the SH Terms. GW writes a codex, which is most likely done. If not, they just match up some points and options with C:SM, make some Death Company changes, and possibly an army wide rule. Put out a BA Upgrade sprue ala Space Wolves, maybe updated Death Company and Chars.

Instant cash flow with almost no outlay. BA Players are rabid foaming at the mouth. The Codex sucks, the SH minis fired them up even more, and with the simplicity/coolness of the SW rollout, every BA player expects the same. I can see the lines forming already.

The info is over a year old, and directly from GW. Generally, actual info from GW doesn't come unless it's already done, or it has no scheduled/planned upon release and they can use the elapsed time to say it's all changed. That said, they have gotten better at keeping lips sealed about upcoming releases to the public (not that it's better, I'd like to see them try more disclosure on upcoming projects).

I play Dark Eldar, I like where the army is in terms of meshing with the ruleset, but there are a few things that need minor tweaks to bring it in line. However, having read ANYTHING GW releases on Dark Eldar, I'm more and more conviced that nobody at GW knows how to play them, or what to do with them.

Honestly, what I'd love to see, is a quickie WD gloss over codex that keeps the same basic layout, but updates them for use in an edition other than 3rd (can we all say Hellions). Maybe a few movements in the Force Org chart to help encourage some units.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblade View Post
    evidence for BE, necron and nid CODEX release any time soon = 0

evidence for DE being worked on
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=600005&section=&pInd ex=4&aId=9400003&start=5[/url]
    that came out last year + the leaked models and so on croping up over the net

now i play nids and dark eldar and dark angels but i honestly have no idea where the rumours of a new codex are coming from especially tyranids they wont be updating a 4th ed codex when there's still 4 army's with a 3rd ed codex and one army who don't currently have a codex lol

i cant find any evidence on the net that the necrons are even being thought about lol and i do doubt that GW will release another SM codex so soon after SW if there is a SM codex next year it will be late 2010 at best cos they like to spread the love out at least a little bit usually

1. he said he was working on them and 1/2 way done with the plastics after 8 months of work...that pod cast was over 15 months ago...if it took him 8 months to do the 1st half, this is where you infer....and guess what, there is still no hide or hear of them...I know a guy that swore up and down to me that he had seen them but at this point i wish GQ would just say they were getting squatted so i wouldnt have to think about them or be pissed off any more that the army i have played for the last 6 years has gotten less than 10 mentions in any gw material since I began playing...I think gw simply pretends inq and dark ekdar just dont exist

2. What leaked models? If you have alink and its not the green hemis that have been confirmed to have nothing to do with any of Jes's work I'll be a happy boy...

3. Nids are a done deal...Brimstone says so (urge to kill rising)

4. Crons are after that...also from Brim (RISING)

5. Rumor has it there have been multiple versions of the dex that has been put out and all have been sent back...current rumor is jes is off all DE duty until the book is ready...PHIL YOUR FREAKING KILLING ME GET THE GD BOOK DONE...

6. After that I have no idea...could be BA could be DE if we get lucky...its only been since 2001 that the codex got a minor update...aside from that the core of the book is over 10 years old...GW can move on and bring out a new race

seriously if you have a link that will lead me to new pics that are not the old green hemis ill be happy

GW has stated that every codex is going to get updated before any new race or 6th edition. So Tau, Eldar, Witch/Demon hunters <--one codex maybe??, Darkangels Black templars..

BTW easiest new army to release wll be ordos xenos!

Quote Originally Posted by TalonZahn View Post
    I'm betting BA come right after Nids. People are freaking over the SH Terms. GW writes a codex, which is most likely done. If not, they just match up some points and options with C:SM, make some Death Company changes, and possibly an army wide rule. Put out a BA Upgrade sprue ala Space Wolves, maybe updated Death Company and Chars.

Instant cash flow with almost no outlay. BA Players are rabid foaming at the mouth. The Codex sucks, the SH minis fired them up even more, and with the simplicity/coolness of the SW rollout, every BA player expects the same. I can see the lines forming already.
    Ditto. They have been doing two full codex's a year lately so I'd bet on those two. If 'crons or 'nids get thrown into the mix that would be great but I'm not holding my breath.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidice View Post
    FYI, GW has said Dark Eldar are coming out since like '06. Tyranids are pretty much the next army, new plastics seen, and it has a big player base.

Blood angels came up when Space hulk came out, but since GW like to release a space marine based army every year, BA seem to be the next logical choice since their codex is a joke.

Necrons are also in the rumor because they are the most broken army in the game. So in my opinion

Q1 '10---> Tyranids
    Q2/3---> necrons
    Q4---> blood angels
    Q1 '11---> dark eldaer

nope, more like:

Q1 '13---> Dark eldar

haha

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast