BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Baldur's Gate Returns

This is the happiest day of my life:
    Atari, Wizards of the Coast, and Overhaul Games are pleased to announce work has begun on the Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons® computer roleplaying games ever since.
    Re-forged by Overhaul Games

Overhaul Games has assembled a talented team of artists, programmers and designers to enhance this timeless classic. To remain true to the spirit of the game, the team includes original Baldur’s Gate developers.
    Relive the most epic story ever told

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition™ will feature a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements.
    From [URL="http://baldursgate.com/"]here[/URL].
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

I don't suppose they'll be putting these out for X-box by any chance? If so, we'll have to tell the little one to stay at Nanna's, because mommy and daddy have a date!

That's how my wife and I spent two of our Anniversaries prior to kid - playing all the way through Dark Alliance and Dark Alliance II.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chaplain

I played a couple of Baldur's Gates games on the PS2. Quite fun. However, I also played Champions of Norrath and its sequal A Return to Arms.

And became confused.

For all intents and purposes it was virtually a clone of Baldur's Gate. Many things look the same in it. And many of the same in game mechanics existed. I think Champions overall was a better games. Especially since it would allow you to import your character into the sequel.

I won't be returning to video games until Fallout New Vegas gets a GOTY disk with all the DLC content like Fallout 3 has. Until then I boycott video games!
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

The PC Baldur's Gate series was soo superior to the console games, thouhg the console games came later and had flashier graphics ans were by no means bad.

The BG series was one of my geek-lifes defining moments (along with my brother throwing Codex: Eldar at me to stop me being annoying or watching Star Wars for the first time), it got me into DnD and Forgotten Realms in a big way. They were utterly addictive, brilliant games.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Go for the eyes Boo, go for the EYES!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aenir View Post
    Go for the eyes Boo, go for the EYES!
    ^this a thousand times this!!

Console versions don't count, they're just generic hack and slash fantasy games,

PC Baldur's Gate was hardcore D&D, and they're making a new one? *Happy dance*

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

I played a bard!

wondered why i couldnt cast spells... then remembered, i was wearing armor!
    The Dark Angels, The Emperor's First, and Finest!
    A moment of Laxity spawns a lifetime of Heresy

Chaplain

Wait a minute here missy...did you say Forgotten Realms?

I never got to play DND. In my day it was blacklisted around here and people considered it "of the devil" so I couldn't get anyone interested in playing. I had piles of game materials. And then I discovered the Forgotten Realms novels. A lot of them were very excellent in my opinion. I read them for years before abandoning it. It was very difficult for me to get the books. Especially when they were in trilogies.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The PC Baldur's Gate series was soo superior to the console games, thouhg the console games came later and had flashier graphics ans were by no means bad.

The BG series was one of my geek-lifes defining moments (along with my brother throwing Codex: Eldar at me to stop me being annoying or watching Star Wars for the first time), it got me into DnD and Forgotten Realms in a big way. They were utterly addictive, brilliant games.
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Cool

Mr 'Splodge, not making a new BG, rather remastering the old ones with new and improved graphics and presumebly some gameplay improvements (like inventory pause which BG1 lacked).

Yep, Grenadier, BG is set in the Forgotten Realms. Made me fall in love with that setting, which lasted right up 'till Spellplague. A pox on ye, spellplague.

Chapter-Master

Ms. 'Gal that's almost as good... as long as there's still miniature giant space hamsters I'm happy...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast