BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i read that the company doing the revamped versions of 1 & 2 have an idea of the ultimate goal to be making BG3.... all i can say is i'm ecstatic about this year's "remakes" - BG1&2 and THPSHD

Well BGIII was nearly fininshed when whomever it was developing it lost hte license. If that isn't an issue and the work done is still around it wouldn't take all that much to finish it and transfer it to the updated Infinity Engine. Or they may just make a whole new one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

So the Baldurs Gate Enhanced is a ******* [URL="http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/21/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-for-ipad-3/#more-710"]iPad app[/URL]. I don't want to buy a sodding iPad just for thisand I don't want one for anything else.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

just an ipad app? ffs I'd heard they were doing it for that too, not just only that...
    Tablets aren't for gaming.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Well, only an iPadd app is mentioned on the website but various media outlets reported it was going to be for PC as well. We will just have to wait and see. Not getting my hopes up.

This will give me another reason to highjack my wife's iPad. The only other time I've used it was to load the digital copies of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, haha. Long trip?? No problem, I've got 13+ hours of entertainment right there. My only complaint is I can't watch the whole series on a single charge.

Ok So the Enhanced edition IS going to be on PC as well, thanks to Bubble Ghost on Warseer for checking the developers [URL="https://twitter.com/#!/TrentOster/status/182907636046508032"]twitter[/URL]:
    Of course #bgee will be on PC. We're adding #iPad as a platform, we're 100% supporting the PC.
    First time pretending twitter doesn't exist has been a mistake.

IGN has an article with some hands-on time with the BG Enhanced Edition, found [URL="http://wireless.ign.com/articles/122/1221334p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twi tter"]here[/URL].

It also confirms it is running on the BGII Enhanced engine. I don't know if they will improve it further but it should like nice regardless.
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-26-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Chapter-Master

Now we just need stupidly easy to connect multiplayer without all the ip addressing and port tweaking etc for epic party questing!!

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Battle-Brother

This'll be very nice. I had initially only heard about the Ipad app and was instantly infuriated since I don't have or care to have an ipad. I still have these for my PS2. BG1 and BG2 are still silly expensive used.

Now if only someone would make Age of Mythology III or update AoM to work reliably with modern networking formats I would have a real excuse for not completing some of my painting projects.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast