BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warhammer Forge - Warpfire Dragon

I want it:

The fell beasts named by scholars as Warpfire Dragons are hateful and ruinous creatures, albeit thankfully a rare sight in the Old World. Their long, charred-black bodies constantly twitch and shudder as if tormented by unseen blades, and clusters of strange crystals mar their scaled hides. The very air about them throbs with tainted power, and their breath is like no other dragon’s; a coruscating blast of scintillating red-black lightning that can scorch even ethereal spirits and other creatures of magic.

The destructive power and twisted form of a Warpfire Dragon is fuelled and maintained by devouring pure warpstone. Only the mighty constitution of a dragon could withstand the effects of so much concentrated power without it being torn to pieces, although the violent death of such a creature often leads to a spectacular and explosive end. The scarcity of warpstone often brings a Warpfire Dragon into conflict with the Skaven, and it is with the promise of this immensely powerful material that the most arrogant (or insane) of wizards will seek to strike a bargain with the creature; although it is said that even the legendary Binding Scrolls of Kadon are not enough to fully control such a malign and wicked beast.

The Warpfire Dragon, model designed by [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Designers/Steve-Whitehead.html"]Steve Whitehead[/URL], is a complete resin and plastic kit, available to pre-order now for despatch from Monday 2nd April. This magnificently detailed kit stands just over 5" tall with a 9" wingspan, making a fantastic centrepiece for any Warhammer army.Experimental rules, taken from the forthcoming Warhammer Forge Monstrous Arcanum book, are available to [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/w/Warpfire.pdf"]download now[/URL].
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

i must say it is absolutely stunning! the Fantasy stuff that FW are kicking out at the minute is astounding. i am still in shock from the beauty that is the Basilisk! my gobbo's will soon have their very own Rango!

ALShrive

i must have

Nifty use of the Dark Elf Black dragon kit released for SoM, too. Wonder if you get the whole kit or just the body and wings.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

I wish FW would do some good guys as well. An epic High Elf dragon would be good...

That is a very nice model and given its size its not too bad money wise compared to the High Elf plastic kit which is only 9 pounds cheaper.

They will eventually, but as Monstrous Arcanum is all about big beasties that is mostly what we will be getting for the time being.

I'm not sold on this one.
    A dragon supposed to be wild and hard to tame, sold with a built in saddle...
    Add those rules that make it a great fire and forget missile to be launched in the heart of the ennemy's forces until it explodes.
    I'll wait for a painted example that might show his true beauty.
    Empire amethyste dragon is nicer, but that only my humble opinion.

Librarian

such a pretty model, my dwarf slayer would tap that... With his axe!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnis View Post
    I'm not sold on this one.
    A dragon supposed to be wild and hard to tame, sold with a built in saddle...
    Add those rules that make it a great fire and forget missile to be launched in the heart of the ennemy's forces until it explodes.
    I'll wait for a painted example that might show his true beauty.
    Empire amethyste dragon is nicer, but that only my humble opinion.
    2 Issues: 1) this model is only 40 pounds. That's damn cheap for a new dragon.

2) the detail on this is ABSURD
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Chapter-Master

Man, I might have to start playing SoM when this book comes out, i love the models FW are producing.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast