BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

No problem! I hope other Tyranid players can be as succesful as I have as I have seen a lot of players start them with high hopes then give up due to not being able to find their synergy and strengths fast enough. It is definitely an army that requires some patience in learning how to play them effectively. That being said, the list I posted above is not the end-all 1500 list, I constantly change things up, and regulary take the Swarmlord, he is a BEAST and totally worth his points, (though he is better suited at 2000+) but NEVER EVER EVER take him without at least 2 guard... otherwise all that beast will be is paste on the battlefield... I found that as long as I stuck with the 2 Tervigon, 2 squads of Hive Guard, and some Gargoyles, what ever else the list consisted of works well with it, (even at 1000 points) as those 3 units form a core and balance the list with everything you need: scoring, close combat strength, anti-tank, speed, and a moving cover save.

Good luck to you, you should keep us informed on your progress and how well you do at the tournament.

Librarian

i have no issues with taking the time to learn the synergies of an army. i must have the patience of a god- i managed to work for 2 years in GW retail! On the keeping you updated front;
    [URL="alshrive.blogspot.com"]alshrive.blogspot.com[/URL]
    this is my blog where i am currently, and somewhat infrequently, updating my progress with the army. so please feel free to check it out.

ALShrive

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123