BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Necron Canoptek Wraith conversions

I was wanting to get my hands on a couple wraiths to add into my army, but don't seem to be able to find actual models that I can get semi-cheaply.

I don't have many bits parts yet since I'm new to the hobby, so getting them might be challenging.

So, any suggestions on what I can try using or converting into some wraiths?

Brother-Captain

I take it then that you're not interested in these bad boys, eh?

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Brother-Sergeant

Ooooh, those are nice. Do tell, where would one find those? Or are they conversions?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Happosai View Post
    Ooooh, those are nice. Do tell, where would one find those? Or are they conversions?
    Those are the original necron wraiths. Back before they changed the fluff about them. still a bad*ss model IMO. Though i always hated how they broke in the middle of the spine piece no matter how many times i pinned them.

Brother-Sergeant

It's a shame theres only 1 available on ebay Sadly, I'm half a world away from the seller, too

I remember this one conversion they did on Spikey Bits:
    [url]http://blog.spikeybits.com/2011/12/new-canoptek-wraith-conversion.html[/url]

Of course, since you said you were new, you probably don't have all of the parts they do, but maybe it can get you in the right mindset of what to look for. And there are plenty of bits stores online if that's the way you want to go.

Brother-Captain

I've been thinking about this a little and I figure you've got three options.

The first option is to wait until GW comes out with the new wraith kit, which I'm guessing should be relatively soon.

The next option is to see if you can't track down some older wraith figures.

The last option would be to convert your own. In that regard, I have some ideas ...

For the body you could use these:

That's a destroyer body and/or a Lychguard's shield.

For the head you could use one of these (modified):

These are from the Squadron Command Sprue.

For the tail you could use a Talos' tail:

Finally, for the arms you could use a Cronos' various tentacles:

With the addition of blades, of course.

All these bits should be readily available.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Honestly wait for the kit and save yourself a headache. There are a bunch of options to use atm and they are an expensive conversion proposition.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Check out this link. I think it has everything you need. It creates a cool looking wraith and spider using mostly leftover bits from lychguard.

[url]http://www.frontlinegaming.org/2011/11/30/40k-modeling-cheap-and-fast-necron-wraith-and-scarab-conversions-tutorial/[/url]

thanks for the link, gonna be helpful for me since i want a nice handfull of those buggers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast