BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default Heresy Era ImpFists Question

Hey guys, I'm wondering what anyome thinks would be the best ways to represent the various Heresy era personalities of the Imperial Fists. I know I want to model up a Dorn, and Sigismund of course. I'll probably want do do a few other Captains, like Polexus and Halbrecht.

Most importantly I'm concerned with where I should look for kit bashes. I'm definitely thinking that GK swprds are going to have to be used all around. What other bits strike you as necessary? One bit that I'm stuck on is Dorn's powerfist. It would need to be a cut above normal powerfists and I'm at a loss.

Joe

Librarian

for starters FW mkIII armour all round, maybe mkIV/V for sergents and vets.

the FW sergent upgrade has a nice PF in it and Huron blackhearts (FW not GW POS) PF is sweet if you take claws off.

the old GW emp champ should be a good starter for sigusmund as it was supposed to be him.

Battle-Brother

Cpt Codpiece: thanks for the suggestions. I'm not a big fan of the upgrade sprue, as it just doesn't speak to me, but I hadn't considered taking the claws off of FW Huron's PFist... Hmmm... I like that idea. As far as Sigismund using the Emperor's Champion model? As hipster as it sounds, I kind of want to do something more unique. I was actually looking at pulling a weapon swap on the Helbrecht model and maybe a head swap too. Thanks for the suggestions man.

Joe

The GK sprues, both TA and PA are great for all your weapons needs. Conversely, I used them as a base for my pre heresy Iron Warriors... For Dorn (model wise) Id use a plastic terminator of some fashion, maybe the Chaos Lord, and just try to make him taller without makng him wider. Did Dorn wear PA or TA?

For Sigismund you could use Helbrecht or maybe one of the Sword brethren models. Im assuming you want loads of Templar Icons on him. You could also combine the SM plastic captain with the BT upgrade sprue. And FW armor looks incredible, but if you want to go a bit cheaper, you could try regular marines with MaxMini heads.

Librarian

i was not meaning use the current emp champ, rather use the styling of the old emp champ model, use him as a basis for what he would look like.

sigismund
    [url]http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/promotions/emperorschampion/leEmpChampionF.jpg[/url]

This isnt a specific answer to your question, but I have always wondered how to make a primarch model that was the right scale. Then today I saw chapterhouse studios's new TRU scale kit.........just saying.