BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I doubt they care much where someone inserts their phallus in their free time, they have far more pressing matters. Looking to history for example doesn't really help either, SoB are nuns, for example, but take no vow of chastity.

I vaguely recall something about the children of Guardsmen and Guardswomen being sent to special institutions, perhaps the Schola Progenium or something. I would be very surprised if they discouraged sex, and with commissars about one assumes it isn't too detrimental to morale.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I don't think the Imperium has an official stance on it. It probably differs from world to world like everything else. Some like Ogryns, some think they are they are abominations. Some worlds sees same sex love as the purest form and others see it as a gateway to Chaos.
    The Church is probably to busy trying to fix any kind of unity in their faith to bother about small details like sexuality. Especially with actual daemons knocking on your door

I have to agree with the above posts in that:

A. Given the extreme cultural diversity seen on various worlds of the imperium, it probably varies from world to world

B. Regardless of any one person or culture's views on it, sexual orientation is just not that important compared with daemonic possession, xenos influence, or worse - xenos eating the entire world and everyone on it.

Good thing we don't have any serious problems in the real world today, keeps us free to make issues like homosexuality one of our most important voting points.............

Battle-Brother

All very good and thought provoking comments thusfar. Thank's for the input. The variance from world to world of the views makes perfect sense, along with having larger things to worry about than who someone is into.

Brother-Sergeant

Millions of worlds, millions of cultures and millions of interpretations of the Imerial Truth. I'd imagine that the whole of the 40k universe reflects the broad spectrum of opinions that are held currently in our universe.

Chapter-Master

Doesn't the female inquisitor that makes a pass at Gaunt suggest he turns her down because he has an unprofessional interest in Brin Milo?

And I'm sure there's definitely a couple of references in the Cain series.

All of them I got the impression any issues were regarding propriety between the ranks rather than anything else, but there's "camp followers" mentioned in several books that include whores so sex itself isn't banned for the guard.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 03-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

There are lesbian remembrancers in A Thousand Sons, no-one seems to care.

Of course if you follow the logic we have bigger things than homosexuality (like, you know, things that actually matter) to worry about now and yet it's still somehow an issue for people who feel the need to tell others what they can and can't do with their genitals. On top of that, people in the 41st millenium appear to be even stupider than they are now so I think it's entirely possible that homosexuality is frowned on by most in the grim darkness of the far future.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Brother-Sergeant

What Hive Mind said. Also, seeing as the Grim Dark Future of the 41st Millennium is a total amplification of the woes that we have in "RL", it's probable that there are thousands of homophobic planets. I known for a fact that the Imperium is at least xenophobic.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by iheartgrimdark View Post
    I known for a fact that the Imperium is at least xenophobic.
    Kill the Xenos scum!

Chaplain

Well just think about it. The Imperium happily throws millions of lives away in fruitless battles. Entire planets can be wiped out all because one person decided to turn to Chaos. Life is cheap in the Imperium. And so with millions of humans dying on a near daily basis they have to replenish the ranks somehow. So maybe they don't mind their soldiers um..."nookin' it up" from time to time. They surely wouldn't mind, and possibly encourage sex in the ranks. In fact, my Imperial Guard army has a brothel which travels with them. In fact, I even have models for them!
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast