BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Scout

I love the new Hornets. I run mine with 2x Pulse Lasers. Use the Warp Hunter to pop the Land Raider and then the Hornets shoot up the Termies. It works wonders.

Really consider adding the Wraithseer to your list. Would be very fluffy and very powerful. Keep your Wraithlords near the Seer and march forward with your screening Wraithguard. The Seer can give fleet and Feel No Pain to Wraith units. Yummy!
    Last edited by D'Natagal; 03-20-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by D'Natagal View Post
    I love the new Hornets. I run mine with 2x Pulse Lasers. Use the Warp Hunter to pop the Land Raider and then the Hornets shoot up the Termies. It works wonders.

Really consider adding the Wraithseer to your list. Would be very fluffy and very powerful. Keep your Wraithlords near the Seer and march forward with your screening Wraithguard. The Seer can give fleet and Feel No Pain to Wraith units. Yummy!
    Do you run into problems with the Hornets making back their points cost at all or do they often get shot up before they can fire the guns? That 125 point cost scared the heck out of me!

I do love the Wraithseer (and may indeed move in that direction), but again the points scared me off a bit. A Wraith Lord charge would be pretty neat, though.
    My blog Scratchbuilt 40k- http://scratchbuilt40k.blogspot.com/

Hm...I hadn't done the math, but I was hoping you could get more DA than that. I'd find something to drop to fill out that squad. I'd probably find a couple of ten point upgrades to drop and fill that squad out to ten.

I was thinking the Warp Hunter was one of the 2 point superheavies with a big Destroyer weapon. What does it actually do?

Also, I really don't know about the Hornets. They seem awfully expensive. Maybe drop one, use the points to fill out some other stuff, and see how it goes. If you end up just loving them, you can always put the second one back in.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Hm...I hadn't done the math, but I was hoping you could get more DA than that. I'd find something to drop to fill out that squad. I'd probably find a couple of ten point upgrades to drop and fill that squad out to ten.

I was thinking the Warp Hunter was one of the 2 point superheavies with a big Destroyer weapon. What does it actually do?

Also, I really don't know about the Hornets. They seem awfully expensive. Maybe drop one, use the points to fill out some other stuff, and see how it goes. If you end up just loving them, you can always put the second one back in.
    If I drop a Hornet I can raise the unit to 10 and have quite a few points left over.

The Warp Hunter is basically a Fire Prism that costs an extra 10 points and has a D-Cannon barrage weapon/+6" (small end up to 6" away from gun) flame template.

(still playing around) Egads, doing way too much removing/adding units! I think I'm losing focus a bit.

Would it be terrible if I had 8 Harlies plus Shadowseer and add Eldrad to the unit (making it 10 total models) and drop the Avatar for the Wraithseer? I could even keep the 2nd Hornet and the points would come to 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisken View Post
    If I drop a Hornet I can raise the unit to 10 and have quite a few points left over.

The Warp Hunter is basically a Fire Prism that costs an extra 10 points and has a D-Cannon barrage weapon/+6" (small end up to 6" away from gun) flame template.

(still playing around) Egads, doing way too much removing/adding units! I think I'm losing focus a bit.

Would it be terrible if I had 8 Harlies plus Shadowseer and add Eldrad to the unit (making it 10 total models) and drop the Avatar for the Wraithseer? I could even keep the 2nd Hornet and the points would come to 1990.
    I don't know what the Wraithseer does, so I can't really comment on that.

Eldrad with Harlies is pretty unorthodox, but it does seem like it could be decent. And, sure--you don't really need a full unit of Harlies, necessarily, it's just that five seems pretty light. Nine would probably be fine.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Krisken View Post
    No need to be mean. I haven't really played my Eldar since 3rd Edition, so being snarky doesn't really help me any. Of course, I could just play a pile of Wave Serpents and Fire Prisms like everyone else, eh? Booooorriiinng.
    Mean? You said in the OP you were looking for a "fun" list. What's more fun than Vibro Cannons?
    But seriously, there's not much you can talk about with a "fun" list, since anything goes in a casual setting and winning doesn't matter.

Now, if you were trying to tune up your casual list to have more teeth, then we've got something to talk about.

Scout

Since Hornets can Outflank, I just fly them on the board 12", shoot whatever needs to die, then spend the rest of the game alternating flat out and killing stuff. 11 front and side is AMAZING. Last game my 2 Hornets killed 8 Termies, 2 Razorbacks and a Scout storm and only lost one by the end of the game. I truly love the Aerial assault rule.

And I haven't used the Wraithseer yet, but would in a heartbeat. I have always wanted to run an entire Wraith army! Plus the idea of equpping him with a D-Cannon is awesome.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Mean? You said in the OP you were looking for a "fun" list. What's more fun than Vibro Cannons?
    But seriously, there's not much you can talk about with a "fun" list, since anything goes in a casual setting and winning doesn't matter.

Now, if you were trying to tune up your casual list to have more teeth, then we've got something to talk about.
    I suppose what I should have said instead of 'fun' was 'not tournament'. I'm obviously not going to be tearing up even a local tournament scene with the list, but I would like something which can hold its own (or fight with its last dying breath) against my mates (who play Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Space Marines, Necron, IG, Tyranids, and Orks).

Considering these are guys who load up on 2 Librarian's with Null Zone when they know I'm bringing Daemons, I don't mind hitting them with a tough list now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Natagal
    Since Hornets can Outflank, I just fly them on the board 12", shoot whatever needs to die, then spend the rest of the game alternating flat out and killing stuff. 11 front and side is AMAZING. Last game my 2 Hornets killed 8 Termies, 2 Razorbacks and a Scout storm and only lost one by the end of the game. I truly love the Aerial assault rule.

And I haven't used the Wraithseer yet, but would in a heartbeat. I have always wanted to run an entire Wraith army! Plus the idea of equpping him with a D-Cannon is awesome.
    BS4 Aerial Assault really is a fantastic buy and one of the reasons I went with them over the War Walkers I've seen most Footdar style lists use. I'm also pretty sure I'm going with the Wraithseer over the Avatar at this point. Giving a Wraithguard or Wraithlord FNP seems kind of crazy gross at this point.

One thing that bothers me about the list is how thin it is on troops. I know the Jetbikes are likely to die a horrible death until I can get the hang of using them.

Brother-Captain

Tailoring against Daemons? Jeez, that's weaksauce. Dreadsock, ahoy!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
    Tailoring against Daemons? Jeez, that's weaksauce. Dreadsock, ahoy!
    That's pretty much how I feel about it. Still, it's a close match up and I generally tend to squeak out the win anyways, so I must be doing ok with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12