BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    new dreads are made, ven dreads are not bc of they have old parts.

also i am doing the contempter conversion!
    IIRC some dreds are actually even repaired from using mechanicus robot parts.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chaplain

What a strange concept huh? I mean, if you worship technology then you would think the next logical extension of it would be to create new technology or improve existing technology. Instead they go about it in a backwards way. I suppose they see existing technology as perfect. Yet they're always hungering to discover more technology via lost STC fragments. So that urge to discover can represent a creative motive to learn more. It's as if their brains have the creative spark but somehow lost the capability of actually translating the creative spark into creating things. This is worsened when the Imperium has ample evidence of technology existing beyond their primitive STC constructs. You know, xenos tech. Much of which performs better than Imperial technology. When they're faced with the evidence that alien species are in fact creative and capable of creating technology while they themselves do not create it surely must trigger some urge within the techpriests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    There may have been creativity, but the whole technology/priesthood of mars would frown upon such endeavours. Technology is their cult and any progression/deviation/inovation would be seen as heretical
    The Eye of Skreebo is upon ye. Skreebo expects.

Brother-Sergeant

This has me thinking about terminators with servo harness's,I was finding it hard to imagion a Tech-Dread on its own,except for the servitors it has no ability to repair internal damage on a machine as it can't fit inside anything untill you get to Thunder Hawks, imagination I suppose is the only limiting factor for its size it could have a huge mass of mechanical tendril's that swarm in to produce an intense amount of digital lasers/weapons/lights/tools to make up for it.

What is its specific battle field roll...it obviously carries out repairs on the battle field but is it designed to repair super heavy's?

Nissesity is the mother of all invention

I'm warm to the idea though

Chaplain

I would think a tech-dread could still perform repairs on vehicles despite its size. Because it would be fitted with an array of repair arms. In addition Techpriests have these mechanical tentacle types of things. So why not a Dread? All it would need to do is stand close to the damaged vehicle and use an array of repair arms and those mech-tentacles. And it could still have servitors to help it out.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    I would think a tech-dread could still perform repairs on vehicles despite its size. Because it would be fitted with an array of repair arms. In addition Techpriests have these mechanical tentacle types of things. So why not a Dread? All it would need to do is stand close to the damaged vehicle and use an array of repair arms and those mech-tentacles. And it could still have servitors to help it out.
    Right with you there.

While reading this thread, I've been trying to think of some other rules that could be fun for a Technought. As they're so large, and could potentially have an abundance of mechandrites like Gren noticed, perhaps they could have a larger repair radius, or be able to make more than one repair attempt a turn?

Obviously another use for them could be walking platform for conversion beamers or other old, powerful, weapon tech. I don't know what, exactly (maybe some sort of badazz, upgrade plasma weapon?).

I also wonder if technoughts existed if they'd be placed into hibernation stasis like the other 'noughts. I'd imagine they couldnt be, as they'd have a lot more functional, everyday responsibilities that the typical 'nought wouldn't.

www.queencityguard.com

Chaplain

That's a good idea. Let them be mobile weapons platforms for more ancient and exotic weaponry. Or maybe even make them a Marine's version of a smaller Titan. Something smaller than the Warhound or Knight perhaps. I'd not mind seeing new body designs for dreadnoughts. Maybe different kinds of leg articulation.

One thing is clear in this topic: we all love dreads!

Brother-Sergeant

Well, Dreads are fun and having a Techmarine Dread makes sense.

Though as a happy Ork player, I'll just point out three words: Kustom Mekka Dread

I think its a cool concept, just whether or not you can pull it off, maybe try using the forgeworld imperial supports tanks or summin

Brother-Captain

Speaking of old and exotic weapons (and the techmarines who tend them)...
    what about a Thunderfire weapon option? Or any of the other arcane options Marines have that are a bit more obscure - obviously the Conversion Beamer has been done by FW, but it's another neat option to think about.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

This has got to be the most interesting subject in 40k EVER. Tech marines and dreadnoughts are my favourite things in 40k so the thought of mashing them together is just mind blowing for me. I would love to see the finished model when you're done...........it'll be awesome.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast