BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DE that aren't terribly fast

So question - I see lot of Dark Eldar armies that favor crazy vehicular speed. This seems like it's their bag, which is perfectly cool. My question is if it's possible to make more of a foot-mounted Dark Eldar army that doesn't feature nearly as many vehicles - maybe a small group of Raiders or Venoms, but the rest of the Troops section being filled out with "foot-DDar"

Librarian

Webway portals.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Well yeah, I am familiar with webway portals, but aren't they usually delivered by vehicles anyhow? I was more talking about guys that actually start on foot from turn 1

I dont play Deldar, or against them often, but the most successful footDDar that Ive heard of is with Wracks, Grotesques, Beasts, Talos, Haemoncs and that kind of stuff. Just a tide of tough stuff that rolls up everying in front of it.

EDIT: Actually, if you consider Hellions foot, then a list with Hellions and Scourges could work.

Its tough to get enough vehicle cracking weapons without all the lances and mobile blasters that the vehicles offer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Its really hard to foot slog troops that have such lousy saves and still have them be a viable unit when they arrive at their objective. The vehicles aren't just for getting them there, the vehicles are for getting them there alive. DE tougness is so low that they are almost always living in fear of the instant death from fairly common weapons that many armies have in great numbers. They are not very cheap in points cost so it's hard to take huge units to soak up lots of fire as they walk across the table.

Its possible to walk your troops but not advisable.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethefish View Post
    "foot-DDar"
    What did language ever do to you?

I run a foot-mech hybrid list wit just two Raiders, one with Wyches, one with a Succubus and Bloodbrides. The rest of my force is then on foot, with Scourges and Hellions ensuring that I maintain a high speed, and Wracks shambling along with the rest of the horde. Works pretty well for me.

hmmm... I would say Hellions with the baron, and a couple Webway portal carrying Haemonculi in raiders with Wyches, so when the Haemoculi drop the portals, and die, the wyches get to keep the FNP, and the rest of your crazy army comes through the portals. Talos, scourges, beasts, wracks, more wyches, all work well out of portals. Give heat lances to everyone, imo, because the webway portals will help you with range, and AP 1 will help the lack of numbers of Anti-Tank weaponry you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    What did language ever do to you?
    I like to abuse it every so often, just to show it who's boss!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast