BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default Off Kilter 1750 Blood Angels

Hey guys! I've been flipping through the BA codex and came up with a list that seems fun. It's by far not optimized or super competitive but I think played right and with some luck it could do alright.

Sanguinor

Dante

Sang Priest-Jump Pack, Power Weapon

5 Sang Guard-Chapter Banner

5 Sang Gaurd-2 Plasma Pistols, Power Fist

5 Sang Guard-2 Plasma Pistols, Power Fist

5 Assault Marines-Power Weapon
    Las Plas Razorback

Las Plas Razorback

Dreadnought-2 Twin Linked Autocannons

So yeah it's pretty little and elite. The shooty elements will hug cover and take pop shots turn one, and then turn two hopefully most of the jumpers will drop in via re rolling for reserves and DOA. Dante and the priest will go in the squad with the banner, giving them 3 attacks each, 6 for Dante, plus one each on the charge and plus another if within 6 of Sanguinor. They'll drop wherever thanks to Dante, preferably behind the other two squads for cover, and run to spread out. The other two squads will drop to take shots at monsters or side armors. I went with plasma and not infernus pistols for the extra range. The Sanguinor will cut people. Like I said, nothing game breaking or super win-rific (and lots of points in 2 characters) but I think it'd be fun.

A few ideas though-are the 2 HQ's too much? Should I drop Sanguinor for a 10 man assault squad? Or even Dante really as I don't NEED the guards to score. Is it just stupid? Might it be fun and win a game or two?
    Let me know!

Librarian

I'd drop the Sanguinor. If you don't take Dante you'll have to lose one of the Sanguinary Guard units or the Priest.

Personally, I don't like BA hybrids, especially with such a low model count, I think you either need to go Mech or go DoA. Either way, your Assault Squads need Meltaguns.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

I think it is a cool list and I am sure it will be fun, in fact I know for a fact because I have played one similar on many occasions. Yes Sanguinor and Dante are expensive and together they are a points sink, but as you can see they have good synergy. I have run a list like this:

Dante and Sanguinor

5 sanguinary guard, banner, PF, infernus pistol

Honor guard +3 Power Weapons

2 ten man assault sqauds, 2 melta and PF in each.

7 Death company in rhino with chaplain, 2 PW, 1 PF

2 sanguiary priest with JP and PW. (THis list is merely an approximation)

As you can see my list is very jumpy, has more bodies, but I would take more Sanguinary Guard if I had the models. Keep Sanguinor and Dante near the banner. Use the other squads as cover from plasma, use the Sanguinary guard as cover from AP3 weapons... Hit hard, multi assault, move, move, move! It will be fun!!!

Drop the Sanguinor. Just ain't worth it. Mephiston is probably a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive Mind View Post
    Personally, I don't like BA hybrids, especially with such a low model count, I think you either need to go Mech or go DoA.
    I play hybrid lists all the time. I play at a very active game store, huge variety of armies, has some VERY strong players and I do very well with them...

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by FortheEmperor! View Post
    I play hybrid lists all the time. I play at a very active game store, huge variety of armies, has some VERY strong players and I do very well with them...
    So how does what I have here compare to what you use? Do you think this hybrid list has some potential?

Librarian

Not liking hybrid is admittedly a personal thing but even with that said surely you have more than 28 dudes, 2 Razorbacks and a Dreadnought on the table at 1750?
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Scout

If I had all those winged Sang Guard, I would definitely try something like this.

Like you said, it's a lot of points tied up in two HQ units, but they are both very good HQ units. What I might do different is switch out Sanguinor for another dreadnought, although I'm not sure on the points difference between the two. I think that with only one dreadnought and two razorbacks, you are light on targets for the opponents anti-armor shooting (not to mention light on the AV side as well). While a second dreadnought may not be a huge difference, it gives you either one large shooty element or two smaller ones that you could have on opposite flanks. It might help your shooting elements to survive an extra round or so, which will help your DoA units to arrive in time to tie things up.

Scout

I came up with this alternate list. It lacks the Sanguinor, but I think the shooting element is better and it has more bodies.

Dante

5 Guard-Banner

5 Guard-P fist, 2 P Pistols

5 Guard-P fist, 2 P Pistols

10 Assault Marines-P fist, 2 Meltaguns

Priest-Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Priest

Razorback-Las Plas

Predator-TL Lascannon, Heavy Bolters

Predator-TL Lascannon, Heavy Bolters

Thoughts on revision? Better? Worse?