BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default The Black Tide: Will it return again?

Hey ya'll,

So I want to talk about Black Templars. They are, in my opinion, one of the cooler chapters of Marines, with cool iconography, and a cool system of training of neophytes. My friend used to play a while ago, back in 4th, with his Black tide army. Now, todays in 5th, it's really hard to make a giant horde of frenzied Templars work, simply due to the amount of mech they have to face.

But that style of play for them will always be my favorite for them.

Now the question:

Do you think that it is possible to make a Black Tide viable, in the next book, without accidentally breaking the book? Do you even want to play against someone who puts down 60 Marines and 60 Scouts? Discuss.

That would be quite fun, but i am a big spender, and always like having a points sink in my army, simply because they are the generally the coolest models, but a black tide would indeed be epic, but it seems impossible to me, i'd be like "Eat mech mwahaha!!." But in general, i don't like people ranting on about spam, so i tend to make lists which you don't often see, such as bikestar and vanguard vets or dark angels company veterans all kitted out, so i would be happy to face a black tide army, even if staring down the barrels of 120 marines would be rather intimidating...

Ya know, I am going to try to make one. Regardless of the difficulty. I'm kinda sick of playing Grey Knights anyway; my friends don't play hardcore enough to make it fun.

It seems like they really should be one of the next codices to come out, but knowing GW, this may not be the case.

In a 2000 point list you could put in almost 120 bodies, but... the list would have difficulties with almost every other army because they have no range. But... the game is about fun, play what you would enjoy!
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Scout

orks have no real ranged threats either, and they do well with a high body count. and they don't have Power Armor. you could always drop a number of bodies to put in some lascannons somewhere. it would be a fun army to play against, something to break up the monotony of mech parking lots