BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

[url]http://www.novaopen.com/[/url]

1 tourney with everything for everyone. I wish most tournies could be half as good.

My group are a big fan of different styles of tournaments. We have your garden variety competitive yournament, no sportsmanship scores, no pating score but you do need painted models (we aren't barbarians), then we have 'Hobby' tournaments where painting and sportsmanship are taken into account. Then we have lots of campaigns and Apocalypse/Planetstrike/CoD games just for fun.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I prefer these kinds of tournies myself and am fortunate enough to have one nearby that does this. Good fun!

Lots of jealousy at Eldargal for having a group that pretty much plays the ideal specrum of stuff.

Our group runs both competitive, hobby and campaign events. The hobby is so vast that its good to cater to all aspects of it and its players.

I personally enjoy the narrative and creative sides so favor campaigns and hobby tournaments. But also run in ard boyz, as its fun to push an army to its max.

It depends on your group and area I guess, but painting an army is a huge time consuming task so painted armies can tend to be in the minority. Specially when new crack comes along and you start the process again!
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Banned

Most of my LGS's are pretty standard fair, though, once a month they run an odd-ball tournament. Last month it was 40K, 1000 points, 2+ Elite, 2+ HS. Last Saturday of the Month, it's 1000 points, no FOC.

They run a Halloween Z-Day with everyone taking a generic HQ and then facing a horde of zombies, a squad of Plague Marines,and Typhus. Thanksgiving, they run Tanksgiving which is bring all your vehicles and Monstrous Creatures. Doubles tournaments for both 40K and WarmaHordes happen about 1 1/2 times a month on average. They even ran a couple King of the Hills with both Fantasy (Bloodthirster one, surprise), and WarmaHordes (Warlocks' Fury was classed as Focus for this one).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12