BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: man massacre!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Default man massacre!!!

while playin warhammer 40k with my imperial fuard, i created a 500pts lisy that contaibed more men tgan a big marines army. this scared people. so which is better: more men or more tanks???

Depends on mission and what your facing. If its lots of objectives, having losts of dudes lets you plant on each one. You can also dump a lot of heavy weapons in a single platoon for long rand AT support.
    Conversly any army geared to close combat (BAs, GKs, Orks, etc) will chew through your soft dudesmen PDQ.

Quote Originally Posted by commissar camenzuli View Post
    while playin warhammer 40k with my imperial fuard, i created a 500pts lisy that contaibed more men tgan a big marines army. this scared people. so which is better: more men or more tanks???
    Is there some sort of code embedded in your post? I ask because I am dyslexic and looking at spelling that bad gives me a headache.

Scout

i would recommend more tanks, but then again i've always loved guard tanks...

in low points games lots of men are more usefull as you can lay down more firepower for cheaper cost. you could also debate they are slightly more resilient to shooting as there are 10 wounds as opposed to the 1 hit required for tanks, this is debatable though. when you get to higher point games however tanks work alot more effectively as you have more points to play around with. it really depends on what you want. a big horde of infantry to send into a meat grinder, or an armoured platoon of tanks.

Veteran-Sergeant

thanks for the advice. my spelling is bad because im on a touchscreen phone