BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Default Death Co & Grenades

Death Company being led by a Chaplain get to re-roll to hit and to wound on the turn which they charge, so my question is does this also apply to grenades?
    So if the Death Company charge a dreadnought and need 6s to attach grenades, do they get to re-roll that? And, any sucessful hits that fail to penetrate the armour (again 6s) would they be re-rolled?

Librarian

Off the top of my head I'd say yes to the first and no to the second.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

yea id second that as it says to wound not armour penetration. and hitting with a grenade is just like a close combat attack.

Chapter-Master

Are you rolling to hit with the grenades? Yes, so yes.

Are you rolling to wound with grenades? Well a vehicle, even a dreadnought, doesn't have wounds; it has an AV so you are rolling to penetrate. So no.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Occuli Imperator

I would say that this is how I feel it should be played.

I suppose it could be possible to argue that rolling to penetrate is equivalent to rolling to wound and as such such but under the same rule, and in combat resolution sucessful penetrations count as an unsaved wound.

I think the obvious thing is that the wording is quite clear "roll to wound".

We are all in agreement.

END

Chapter-Master

Rolling to wound is not the same as rolling to penetrate. You do not get that reroll.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Yes on the to hit, no on the penetration roll is how I would personally would rule this.

I can't imagine there's really any question here. Penetration rolls aren't resolved the same way as wound rolls and aren't really analogous except in the vaguest of senses, nor are they called anything even somewhat similar.

Chaplains allow you to reroll misses against any type of target when assaulting (whether tanks, walkers, infantry, etc) and using any type of close combat weapon, but only give the additional reroll against targets that can be wounded, i.e. those with a toughness value.
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by spagunk View Post
    Yes on the to hit, no on the penetration roll is how I would personally would rule this.
    agreed

You would reroll to-hit as usual, but not to penetrate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast