BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Black Library Celebrates 15 years

Man this makes me feel old, but good old Black Library is nearly old enough to drive!

To celebrate they are releasing a set of new short stories (for a fee of course )

[URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/celebrate-15-years.html"]http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/celebrate-15-years.html[/URL]

First up is one from Dan Abnett - Kill Hill

THE STORY

Priad of Damocles, of the Iron Snakes of Ithaka, reaches the end of a long and gruelling campaign against orks. All he has to do is survive to reach Kill Hill…

From what I've heard, the first story is absurdly short for what you pay. People were complaining on facebook (CRAZY, I know) that it was only 10 pages, 5 of which were actual story...

I'll hold off until I see one that actually piques my interest.

Veteran-Sergeant

They should have celebrated with 15 free short stories as a Thank You to the fans who helped them make it to their 15th birthday.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
    From what I've heard, the first story is absurdly short for what you pay.
    To be clear, 'what you pay' is only 79p.. so I guess it's not a huge surprise

Quote Originally Posted by UltramarineFan View Post
    To be clear, 'what you pay' is only 79p.. so I guess it's not a huge surprise
    Actually, as a Canadian I pay about 96p ($1.50). For something about the third of the cost of a Hammer and Bolter, I'd expect at least a quarter of the pages, not a sixteenth. (On my iPod, H&B17 is 449 pages, compared to Kill Hill's 27)

I'm holding off on buying any others, unless something really catches my eye. Potentially ADB's entry, even if he figures it won't set the world on fire with its popularity.

(Just in case they release them all as a big, cheaper bundle or something, like they did with H&B year 1)

To me it makes more sense to just give them away for free as a promo, or at least sell all of them in a single package for a more sensical price.

Battle-Brother

I would like to thanks this forum for saving me some money by telling me how dumb GW is runing business...BL should bring back collector Ed. figurines

You know a great way to celebrate the Black Library? MOAR GAUNTS GHOSTS BOOKS PLZ!

wtb Firewarrior on Kindle.

Kill Hill was an absolute joke and Dan should be ashamed to put his name to that piece of pure rip-off. I only bought it because it was written by Dan, but he should be ashamed to have his name associated with that story, if it can qualify as a story.

On my iPhone, it was 22 pages, 12 of which was terms and conditions.

The story itself pure crap and has absolutely nothing worth reading in it, and would probably only serve to make half of all Ork players roll the eyes and the other half pi$$ themselves laughing at how ridiculous the story is.

Since no-one should waste good money on this trash, I will summarise it.

The story is just about how a lone marine walking up a hill, killing some Orks along the way to hitch a ride on a THawk.

On the way, we are told that this one marine managed to keep and entire planet of Orks occupied for 15 years, and nothing was able to kill him in all that time. That is all.

In terms of plot, quality an quantity, you really would expect more from a 10 year old, and is probably something Dan wrote during a tea break and should never have been sold for money. Even if I downloaded that for free, I would be annoyed to have read it because it was just a waste of time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast