BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Empire warrior priests

I know that wizards can cast spells even when in combat (except magic missiles) but can warrior priests pray when in combat?

yes

Veteran-Sergeant

Yes, they can. In fact, some of them only work in hand-to-hand.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Thanks both. I thought this was the case but as I've only played 3 games I thought it best to check

So excited for the warrior priests. Thinking of doing a religious themed army.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by black_numenorean View Post
    So excited for the warrior priests. Thinking of doing a religious themed army.
    Sigmars a little overdone - you should consider Morr, Manaan or any of the other gods

Chapter-Master

Warrior preists are awesome under the current rules. the prayers are as good as any spell lore but much easier to cast and no chance of miscast, they grant hatred to the unit they are with and give you a bonus dispel dice (two for the arch lector). I always take an arch lector and at least one WP, along with seal of destruction and aldred's casket of sorcery and it means I usually completley nerf the opponents magic phase without having to actually kill his wizards. Make the most of WP before they get toned down under the new army book!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

has anyone seen anything in the rumors to say how or if the WPs will be toned down?

Brother-Sergeant

I just hope Ulric gets some good rules

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daKrovar View Post
    has anyone seen anything in the rumors to say how or if the WPs will be toned down?
    No but I would imgine they lose the free dispel dice, it is a hangover from the old edition that makes them really OP for their points cost. 95 points gets you hatred, a dispel dice and the ability to heal wounds, get a 4+ ward and make a unit unbreakable. Can't see all that staying at that points cost. But who knows what they will do, there are no rumours on rules only models.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast