BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If I had to guess they will get mini-lores and have to cast like everyone else but with no chance of a miscast. I wouldn't be too sure about losing the dispel dice, although I could definitely see their point cost rising. As Wildey says, they are a bit too good for their power at the moment given they fight reasonably well and have access to everything he mentions.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Scout
    New Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    No but I would imgine they lose the free dispel dice, it is a hangover from the old edition that makes them really OP for their points cost. 95 points gets you hatred, a dispel dice and the ability to heal wounds, get a 4+ ward and make a unit unbreakable. Can't see all that staying at that points cost. But who knows what they will do, there are no rumours on rules only models.
    And Prayers eat power dice, of which there are usually precious few in 8th edition. Plus a Warrior priest is a 2 wound human so not the most durable thing in the universe. Quite a few armies have cheap, spammable characters so why not us?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    If I had to guess they will get mini-lores and have to cast like everyone else but with no chance of a miscast. I wouldn't be too sure about losing the dispel dice, although I could definitely see their point cost rising. As Wildey says, they are a bit too good for their power at the moment given they fight reasonably well and have access to everything he mentions.
    I'd like to see them getting proper lores (complete with cards). The move has been to standardise magic (look at Gut magic and Nekhekahra) so I suspect it will be the same here. Having said that they could just keep them as bound spells and perhaps reduce the number they get, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyboy381 View Post
    And Prayers eat power dice, of which there are usually precious few in 8th edition. Plus a Warrior priest is a 2 wound human so not the most durable thing in the universe. Quite a few armies have cheap, spammable characters so why not us?
    What? Have you seen the statline for bog standard empire heroes? WS, BS and I 5, S & T 4 and 3 attacks for 50 points is a pretty good deal in my book.

If your warrior priest isn't durable make him so. I give my arch lector armour of metoric iron, crimson amulet and aldred's casket for some more anti-magic and he can give himself a 4+ ward. Stick him in a big unit of swordsmen which he makes unbreakable and it takes quite a lot to kill, especially when he can heal his own wounds! Seriously, when used properly these guys are awesome and a real pain for your opponent.

Realistically you only need two power dice to cast a prayer, and you could chance it on one. It's not like the prayers are game changers, they are just nice little bonuses. Pretty much everything in the Empire book is well costed IMO.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Sergeant

sigmar priests are awesome. yea you can use all there spells in combat. just give them a ward save or a good armor save so they stay alive.
    as for the next edition it would also be nice if you could put wp in a unit of flagelents.
    40k: Yme-loc Eldar
    Fantasy: Ogres! lots of ogres!

Chaplain

I play with two big units (spears and swords) with some detachments added. The Warrior Priest, even if he dosnt get the spells off really adds to the threat of the unit. Very cheap in points for what he is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12