BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Favorite space wolves HQ?

pretty straight forward. what do you like using most and how do you use them? thunderlords, naked rune priests, wolf priest with blood claws, cheap WGBLs, etc etc... i for one am becoming a huuuuuggeee fan of my wolf priest with bloodclaws. it has crushed anything it charges (those rerolls are cruuucial) also my thunderlord has gone beastmode the last few games ive played. what say you?

rune preist has been hands down mvp in more games than i can count. Really hard to justify taking anything else with all that they do for you. Thunderlord can be fun but for the cost you could get 2 thunderwolf cavalry with thunderhamer on one and get way more attacks and resilience the lord is just over costed whenever i try to use him

Veteran-Sergeant

Duh, Rune Priest by far Jaws of the cheat wolf and living cheat come to mind as the game breakers.

Librarian

Model wise, Wolf Lord in Terminator armor with two Thunderhammers... Game wise, Lord on foot with frostblade and SS, Wolf Necklace and talisman, and runic armor if i have points for it. He absorbs so much firepower for the unit that gets him, and can dish out some pain with the +1 str power weapon. The most fun i've ever had though was with Ragnar Blackmane, and getting a duo charge with both units getting Furious Charge. Suffice it to say, they won.

I have to vote for either the Wolf Guard or a Wolf Lord on a thunderwolf simply because I like thunderwolves

Though I have to be honest and admit I have only used my space wolves in apocalypse games as the shaggy furred werewolf blitz to my more sedate Imperial Guard and titan forces. So I have next to no reguar game experience in using anything but those two types of HQs.

Back in the days of 2nd and 3rd edition I often preferred to use rune priests simply because I thought they were nifty but I simply haven't played many normal games with the new codex under 5th edition rules.

Rune Priest with Murderous Hurricane and Living Lightning.

Like diferents for different things

Runepriest, for cheap anty psy and support

Wolf lord for killing monster

Wolf priest for force multiplier

Battle-Brother

Bjorn is my favorite after reading prospero burns. I also wolf lords with runic/SS wolf tooth necklace and either frost weapon or wolf claw and wolf priests but thats because I like chaplains.