BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chaos proxys

Hybrid View

Veteran-Sergeant

Default chaos proxys

hey people can you use normal maribes as chaos marines???

Quote Originally Posted by commissar camenzuli View Post
    I do all the time. My whole chaos army is built out of loyalist marine bits, almost exclusively.

What matters is that they generally have the right weapons. Guys with bolters should have bolters. Guys with meltas should have meltas. Etc.

Chaplain

Depends how arsey your opponent is.

Veteran-Sergeant

another question: i have the chaos renegades cidex. is it still legal in the game to make a renagade guard army???

again as long as your opponent agrees it should be perfectly fine, however I am not sure how well it will fare
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Veteran-Sergeant

so i will write a cgaos guard list

as long as your opponent agrees you can do almost anything that is the beauty of the game

just say they are a chapter recently fallen to chaos and not yet had time to add spikes and chaos sigils to their armour perhaps they are on a trophy hunt each game and add bits of your opponents force to your army until they have a more chaos feel

have fun with it
    Tales from Original WFRP. My Troll-Slayer would be a terror with his axe, then my friend's Tax-Collector would hit the foul beasty with his cane and usually get the killing blow.

Quote Originally Posted by commissar camenzuli View Post
    Yes. WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) doesn't apply to sigils, spikes, and banner decorations. Only to weapons and wargear.

Go nuts, I say. Go nuts.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Veteran-Sergeant

As I recall some of the older fluff stated that the Alpha Legion has posed as loyalist marines. This is probably easier to argue if your marines are painted blue or some other colour close to the Alpha Legion colours and makes more sense if you're not using anything overtly chaotic like daemon princes or obliterators.

And if you read some of the Horus Heresy stuff, individual Alpha Legionnaires have even infiltrated other legions and so possibly chapters.

Veteran-Sergeant

I've started using forgeworld plague toads as beasts of nurgle, since they are actually cheaper, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast